Corsair Community

Harpoon RGB Pro (USB) old firmware (v3.11) please, v3.12 Random double click issue after new firmware update.

Go to solution Solved by Corsair Fer,

hello. 

There was a firmware update notification a few days ago.
I did an update. after update
Random double click problem.
Harpoon RGB Pro (USB) is currently unavailable due to this issue.
Very uncomfortable.
I want to go back to the previous firmware.
tell me how
Currently on the Corsair website
No firmware is provided.

v3.12 Random double click issue after new firmware update.

2021-08-11_150254.png

Edited by YhC

• Corsair Employee

I can provide you with the previous firmware revision to flash through iCUE.

Please create a ticket and PM the number to me or let me know if you'd like for me to make a ticket for you to send you the appropriate file through your registered forum email.

• Corsair Employee

The current steps will allow you to revert to the 3.11 firmware. 

[UPDATE: Any requests for the file will have to come through our ticketing system at https://help.corsair.com

To currently fix the issue please follow these steps

• Perform a clean install of iCUE as shown below in the numbered steps
  • At the last step, instead of installing the latest version of iCUE4 please install the following version found here
  • Force a firmware flash through iCUE for the mouse (should install 3.11)
  • Update back to latest iCUE 4 but do not install the firmware update
  1. Open your computer's Control Panel.
  2. Open the Programs and Features options.
  3. Select Corsair Utility Engine in the list, and then select Uninstall.
  4. Press Window Key + R to open the Run command.
  5. Type %appdata% and press Enter.
  6. Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.
  7. Return to the Run window and type %localappdata%.
  8. Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.
  9. Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ for iCUE 3, or C:\Program Files\ for iCUE 4.
  10. Delete any Corsair folders in that folder.
  11. Type Regedit in the Run window and then click OK.
  12. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ and delete the Corsair folder.
  13. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ and delete the Corsair folder.
  14. Restart your computer.
  15. Download a new installer file for iCUE from Corsair.com and reinstall.

• 3 weeks later...

I found the solution to this.  Simply update the firmware again.  It will say that your firmware is already up-to-date on 3.12.  Simply select the Force option, and click Update.  It will automatically revert the firmware to 3.11.  I did not need to uninstall, install a different version of the software, edit the registry, download firmware from the public internet, or even reboot the PC.  The fix is instant.

I just updated my Harpoon RGB Pro to v.3.12 the other day, encountered this issue, have now wasted HOURS of my time troubleshooting it...

AND NOW I FIND THAT PEOPLE HAVE BEEN COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS ISSUE FOR OVER A MONTH.

Why is the firmware still being pushed if it's known to have a serious issue that many users are experiencing?

I'm not doing all those steps listed above regarding iCUE. It won't help anyway. Why would it? The issue occurs even without iCUE or its services running.

I've tried the "Force Update", and all it does is reinstall the buggy v3.12 firmware again.

I was going to edit my message to tone it down and correct my comment regarding iCUE since I misunderstood that, but I can't edit it.

All day at work I've been dealing with this double-clicking mouse. During screenshares. During meetings. Looking like an idiot in front of people. Having to explain to them what is going on.

CAN. SOMEONE. PLEASE. POST. THE. 3.11. FIRMWARE???

On 9/15/2021 at 4:40 AM, crosspatch said:

I was going to edit my message to tone it down and correct my comment regarding iCUE since I misunderstood that, but I can't edit it.

All day at work I've been dealing with this double-clicking mouse. During screenshares. During meetings. Looking like an idiot in front of people. Having to explain to them what is going on.

CAN. SOMEONE. PLEASE. POST. THE. 3.11. FIRMWARE???

Just uninstall icue 4, install icue 3 and force update firmware. It will downgrade to 3.11 fw. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2021 at 6:33 PM, Corsair Fer said:

I have acquired the proper firmware file to flash back to 3.11.  Any requests for the file will have to come through our ticketing system.

When submitting a ticket, please refer to this thread if possible.

Hello, I just encountered exactly the same issue tonight. 😕 The firmware updates were supposed to fix my keyboard issue i've been having, but now my mouse registers more clicks than it should, and is now unusable. Is there a way I could try the 3.11 rollback patch? Please and thank you

11 minutes ago, Vitalicgames said:

Hello, I just encountered exactly the same issue tonight. 😕 The firmware updates were supposed to fix my keyboard issue i've been having, but now my mouse registers more clicks than it should, and is now unusable. Is there a way I could try the 3.11 rollback patch? Please and thank you

Nevermind, i changed from ICUE 4 to ICUE 3 and there was an option to go back to v3.11, I hope this fixes everything so I can enjoy this nice mouse again 😛

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, this issue is ridiculous... I tried some months ago the rollback from v3.12 to v3.11 due to double-click issue making my life impossible. So during these months, I've been avoiding the update to v3.12. The other day, I saw that an update to v3.13 was available, so I thought "hey, maybe this is the one that finally solves it all". Short answer: it's exactly the same trash, double click-issue appeared again. So I had to lose AGAIN my time to go back to v3.11. Who is working on firmware updates at Corsair? Monkeys? How is it even possible that 2 consecutive firmwares have the exact same problem when this issue must be well known?

• Like 1

I had the exactly same issue with reformatted OS, clean install of iCue 4, then upgraded firmware to v3.13, and boom, ghostly double click everywhere. Solve this by uninstalling iCue4, then install iCue 3, and force firmware update which rollback to v3.11. Everything works fine again. Probably stick with iCue 3 for time being.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was close to buying a new mice, since it keeps double clicking and got me thinking: "Just a year passed only from purchase and it double clicks now? surely this won't go down easily since it's Corsair and I even rarely use this heavily on games", until I finally got the right keyword upon Googling this issue and finally found this thread which explains it all.

One thing on my mind, "Why? push a firmware which is buggy?" Anyways got back to v3.11 - iCUE 3 now, from v3.13 - iCUE 4.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having this same issue AGAIN after RMA of my mouse, which came with 3.11 firmware installed. It worked flawlessly, but iCue kept pestering me to update. Why can't I set iCue to ignore updates for a particular device! Moreover, downgrading should be an option. 

Adding my RGP0074 model to this thread. Where can I find the download link for the older firmware?

• 2 weeks later...

A quick Google search shows us how this double-click issue with Harpoon RGB Pro is happening for a while now.

It's December and we still have problems with it.

My countrie's RMA is terrible and just tells me to contact the reseller to get a new mouse, but the product is not the issue. It's the software.

I've unplugged my harpoon off and connected my old Razer (which was working fine) back on and THE SAME ISSUE was happening to the Razer mouse.

In device manager we can see 3 mouse entries. Once I've uninstalled iCUE, they were gone. And when I installed Razer Synapse only 1 entry was shown.

It is clear what the problem is. How come there is no update to fix that???

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i bought the Harpoon RGB PRO and 3.13 doesn't fix the double-click. Corsair fix your firmware please, this a "PRO" mouse and a lot of people will think its the hardware while its the software. Maybe re-release 3.11 or fix the double-click in 3.14?

Edited by LunatiikXD

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2022 at 6:24 PM, wombatt said:

hello there!

i had that same problem, but in my case simply updating the firmware solved the problem

ok my bad. that day it seemed like it was fixed, but at the end of the day it started again a bit... the following day the issue fully came back

so I uninstalled iCue and installed the 3.18.77 version using Pedro's link, then force-updated to firmware 3.11

several days later, and looks like it's finally fixed, so thank you very much, because that was quite a drag to my productivity!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there.

I bough a Harpoon RGB Pro a few weeks ago and I had the same problem with firmware 3.13.

Downgrading firmware to 3.11 (with ICUE 3) fixed the problem.

I noticed a few things about the problem :

• The "double click bug" only happenned to me when computer wakes up from sleep mode
  • unplug then plug again the mouse fix the problem, until the computer goes to sleep mode again
  • the bug occurs with Windows 7 & Windows 10,  but strangely the random double click has less chance to occur on W7 (~20%) than W10 (~80+ %) when the condition for the bug is filled (after sleep mode)

On 2/8/2022 at 1:39 PM, PassingGuy said:

Hi there.

I bough a Harpoon RGB Pro a few weeks ago and I had the same problem with firmware 3.13.

Downgrading firmware to 3.11 (with ICUE 3) fixed the problem.

I noticed a few things about the problem :

• The "double click bug" only happenned to me when computer wakes up from sleep mode
  • unplug then plug again the mouse fix the problem, until the computer goes to sleep mode again
  • the bug occurs with Windows 7 & Windows 10,  but strangely the random double click has less chance to occur on W7 (~20%) than W10 (~80+ %) when the condition for the bug is filled (after sleep mode)

I had this exact same problem! After reverting from v3.13 and going back to v3.11 everything was stable again! All you need to do is force update the firmware and voila you're done.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed iCue version 3.18.77 but every time I try to force it to update my harpoon mouse to firmware 3.11 it fails. I'm still stuck with 3.13.

Does anyone have a link to the 3.11 firmware? The latest version of iCue, 4.20.169 (is that supposed to be a joke?), will let me browse to a firmware file.

I'm getting real close to buying a different brand of mouse and telling everyone to avoid corsair peripherals.