Corsair Community

m65 RGB Elite keeps losing browser button functions - additional questions

I'm having a issue with my m65 RGB Elite, where it continuously loses the ability to use the thumb buttons as their default action of 'Forward' and 'Back' functions for my browsers and even Windows Explorer.  

iCue and the firmware are both fully updated and functioning properly according to everything i have at my fingertips to check. 

Here is what I've done so far: 

Defaulted the Profile
Restored the Mouse to Factory
Rebooted
Un/Re Plugged the m65 in the same and different USB Ports
Un/Re Installed the HID Driver Instance
Un/Re Installed iCue
Forced New Firmware Download and Install

Any Ideas?  

--------

Also as a secondary issue,  is it possible to make my m65 and my Corsair RGB Vengeance RAM, retain its lighting settings when I lock my machine?   I do not shut it down,  it runs 24/7/365.  I lock it with WIN+L and just let it run idle.   but when I do this,  the m65 goes back to its default lighting state which is Rainbow,  my 64GB DDR4 Kit also loses its settings and even in most cases will De-sync the settings which I have set for a pulse wave.  its supposed to pulse wave from the CPU socket outwards via RAM Slot 1 to RAM Slot 4 ( kind of like digital blood flowing if you will ),  but when I Lock my session,  it De-Syncs and makes the wave hit random modules disrupting the flow from Slot 1 to Slot 4.  

Any Ideas here? 

Thanks

• Corsair Employee

Hi,

Have you tried using the Hardware Lightings option in iCUE? It syncs all your compatible Corsair iCUE components to the same lighting effects.

As for the mouse, I haven't seen that issue before. Open a ticket with our support team so we can log it and we can try to help.

it seems now that the Mouse 4 and Mouse 5 are simply not working period.  none of my games are reflecting them as input when i click them.  and several of my FPS games i exclusively use Mouse 4 and 5 for weapons control, like bipod deploy and attachment triggers.  

concerning your response to iCue, yes,  i have the settings set the way i want the mouse to light up,  but the moment I lock my system with the START menu or hotkey WIN+L ,  it immediately reverts back to its factory default of Rainbow color fading. 

okay, so i just uninstalled iCue AGAIN.......  the moment i did so,  using IOBit to make sure everything was gone,   everything started working buttons wise.  

Mouse 4, moves me back on browser and windows explorer

Mouse 5 moves me forwards on browser and explorer

i lost the lighting though which is understandable.  but the button functionality is far more important than RGB.

okay, so i just uninstalled iCue AGAIN.......  the moment i did so,  using IOBit to make sure everything was gone,   everything started working buttons wise.  

Mouse 4, moves me back on browser and windows explorer

Mouse 5 moves me forwards on browser and explorer

i lost the lighting though which is understandable.  but the button functionality is far more important than RGB.

also, when are you guys going to make a proper application installer?    because seriously,  its 2021 and we are far enough into windows and technology that using old  .msi files that continuously flag to windows as unsafe software is just...well, respectfully as a IT Professional myself...... LAZY to not create a proper Windows Installer.