Corsair Community

How many volts can a 2x16 3600MHZ cmw32gx4m2d3600c18 modules handle?

long story short I'm trying to run said kit with CL 16-18-18-38 timings, runs sort of stable for the most of it but sometimes i get some MEMORY MANAGEMENT Bsods. I was considering bumping it from 1.35 to 1.37v if thats a safe 24/7. Is it, or could it reduce its lifespan? or even damage it?

Depends on IC type (version number). Some ICs take voltage really well, others have lower tolerance.

If and how much tRCD/tRP scales with voltage if at all, also varies with IC type. There is more than just a couple that won't be able to run tRCD/tRP 18 at 3600 with any amount of voltage.

However if you have settle with tRCD/tRP 19 that is not a big deal really. You can extract plenty of performance out of tweaking subtimings, to more than make up for it.

Depends on IC type (version number). Some ICs take voltage really well, others have lower tolerance.

If and how much tRCD/tRP scales with voltage if at all, also varies with IC type. There is more than just a couple that won't be able to run tRCD/tRP 18 at 3600 with any amount of voltage.

However if you have settle with tRCD/tRP 19 that is not a big deal really. You can extract plenty of performance out of tweaking subtimings, to more than make up for it.

ah, well, i actually set it to 1.36v, so far no crashes but even before they were rare, ill keep testing. I could swear i saw somewhere that these modules can go up to 1.4?

Very small voltage bumps usually don't hurt and won't damage the memory itself.

In fact many IC types can take up to 1.5V no problem and some even more, but there also are exceptions. Others barely scale up to 1.4V and might even show negative scaling from higher voltages. So there is no universal recommendation for all IC types/SKUs.

The scaling of certain timings is similar. Not for all ICs both tRCD and tRP scale with Vdimm, it is actually pretty rare among for DDR4. So sometimes 3600 16-18-18 can be completely out of the question at any given (even an unsafe) voltage, but for example 16-19-19 or 16-20-16 might work instead.

Here is a link to one of the frequently recommended memory overclocking guides, that covers most of the basics and also some more advanced topics:

https://github.com/integralfx/MemTestHelper/blob/master/DDR4%20OC%20Guide.md