Corsair Community

Options to extend commander pro ?

Energized

Hey there, im kinda new to system building, but i've build myself a sysyem in the

Be quiet dark base pro 900 v2 case, which has its own " fan controller unit "

Now since I have the rgb corsair 150i capellix aio I have the commandor pro build in, but now I want to complete the case by adding 4 more 140mm fans to replace the standard be quiet fans, though this means i'm 1 fanheade/rgb header short.

Now im trying to find out the best way to fix this.

Is there an extention to the commander pro ?

Or should i use the fan controller of the case itself and use it on an rgb header of the motherboard ? Tho i'm afraid i need to use the msi mobo software in thst case to control them ?

I hope ive put this thread in the right forum

Thankyou

-energized

I do not use the MSI software for RGB as I use a Commander Pro myself.

My H115i also has a fan controller. So I have more than enough fan headers for my larger chassis. 2 front fans, one rear and two on the water cooler is all I have.

Corsair has a box for adding more RGB if the commander comes up short.

• Corsair Employee

The H150i Elite Capellix comes with the Commander Core that can control 6x fans (both RGB and fan-speed).

If you want to be able to control more fans I would recommend either another Commander Core or a Lighting Node Core, with the later one you can only control the RGB, speed have to be controlled through motherboard or in your case the built in fan-controller.

The H150i Elite Capellix comes with the Commander Core that can control 6x fans (both RGB and fan-speed).

If you want to be able to control more fans I would recommend either another Commander Core or a Lighting Node Core, with the later one you can only control the RGB, speed have to be controlled through motherboard or in your case the built in fan-controller.

Ahh, Ok thankyou !

I would need a node by the looks of it, I have all the 6 headers in use on the commander core, I just need 1 more. But i have plenty of space on my case's fan controller. I just need the node to control the rgb.

thanks !

If i Connect the node to a sata connection, It wil automaticly find the commander pro ? or do i need to connect the node to the pro ?