Corsair Community

Possible T4 chairs? T3 was a let down

With great sorrow I had to return my T3 because it's simply not up to the quality one would expect from Corsair.

Halfway its Corsair fault for presenting a picture in wich the seat is tilted backwards and locked in place with no one seated on it. Such picture was used by the retailer with no mention that the seat tilt cannot be locked on a desired angle. I should have checked corsair's product page that states it cannot be locked, a truth. Sadly the retailer decided to say nothing about it.

being my first gaming chair, i'm also disappointed the arms are so wobbly and that the wheels base is all plastic, this however i was ready to accept, but the arms are so loose feeling i thought it was faulty...

here hoping that corsair up their game on a possible T4 with a proper top tier gaming chair, the T3 was very comfortable, very, but all the rest of it couldnt compete with other products i came to discover after... sadly, had to settle with another brand.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
With great sorrow I had to return my T3 because it's simply not up to the quality one would expect from Corsair.

Halfway its Corsair fault for presenting a picture in wich the seat is tilted backwards and locked in place with no one seated on it. Such picture was used by the retailer with no mention that the seat tilt cannot be locked on a desired angle. I should have checked corsair's product page that states it cannot be locked, a truth. Sadly the retailer decided to say nothing about it.

being my first gaming chair, i'm also disappointed the arms are so wobbly and that the wheels base is all plastic, this however i was ready to accept, but the arms are so loose feeling i thought it was faulty...

here hoping that corsair up their game on a possible T4 with a proper top tier gaming chair, the T3 was very comfortable, very, but all the rest of it couldnt compete with other products i came to discover after... sadly, had to settle with another brand.

I'm sorry you experienced such issues. What chair did you end up settling with? If you have any more feedback please let us know.

I'm sorry you experienced such issues. What chair did you end up settling with? If you have any more feedback please let us know.

With a DT3 Sports Royce; it was the perfect corsair chair thats actually not made by corsair, it's seat is fabric just like the T3 rush, and is just as comfortable. Surplisingly the back pillow looked almost the same with a memory-ish foam, top notch stuff, a bit wider than the T3 and a bit taller too, in this aspect i'd prefer the T3 because it was perfect for my size and height, the T3 felt like hugging me while the Royce is clearly made to fit wider and taller people, as it was made to handle 200kg in contrast to the 120kg of the T3.

Sadly this is where it stops though, everything else was way better than the T3. The 4D armrests while looking and behaving the same was way more firm and stable, it also had a steel column on the arm while the T3 seemed to be mostly plastic, maybe that was it that made it more rigid? Moreover the frog mechanism gave me a better stability when reclining the chair completely--i never felt like i was going to fall, while the t3 didnt felt much stable, but of course no one does that, however, the crucical aspect is the fact that it could lock the chair's seat in any desired angle/inclination, that was a must for me, with the T3 'loose' mechanism I had to keep applying force with my legs to keep the seat inclined backwards, very tiresome. In what regards the construction, the wheels base was made of metal, it felt and looked better than the T3 plastic hub, the wheels were 75MM, it felt better to slide around in comparison to the T3 65mm, specially on carpet.

In the end I think the T3 is a top notch seat paired with budget construction and mechanisms, honestly saying my dream chair would have been the T3 seat with the Royce's piston, wheels, hub, frog mechanism and more stable 4D arms, hopefully I''ll see that on a T4, I like to stick with a single brand, and a proper corsair chair would complete my corsair-ish setup.

Edited by RodrigoDRT