Corsair Community

M65 Elite sniper button

MikeRGB74

Hi folks!

I'm asking how to use the sniper button to use as the "viewfinder" toggle on some weapons... like sniper rifles (in doom, doom eternal and other games).

My opinion is that has to be a specific binding in games... but for example i cannot find in Doom Eternal. Do i have to pass thru the complicated macro programming of icue 4?+

I'd like to share opinions.

You need to use “substitute binding” between the game and CUE. The game does not understand the sniper button as it’s non-standard. However, you can remap the sniper to be a specific keyboard key. So if I want to make the sniper button act as “block” and in game that command is bound to “X”, you remap sniper to X in CUE for that game profile. I am not playing D-E so I don’t know the mapping for the viewfinder. If there is a key assignment for it, then you should be able to pass that over to the sniper button or anywhere else.

You need to use “substitute binding” between the game and CUE. The game does not understand the sniper button as it’s non-standard. However, you can remap the sniper to be a specific keyboard key. So if I want to make the sniper button act as “block” and in game that command is bound to “X”, you remap sniper to X in CUE for that game profile. I am not playing D-E so I don’t know the mapping for the viewfinder. If there is a key assignment for it, then you should be able to pass that over to the sniper button or anywhere else.

Tried to map the sniper butto to a keybard key.... doesn't work.

1st mapped in icue the key ii want to use in game

2nd mapped in doom (for example) the key to the "weapon second button" (regularly is the right mouse button)

but nope.

This should work and I’ve been doing it with various M65 mice for years, including on the current version of CUE 4.10. Make sure the profile you made the binding action in is active. Make sure the re-assignment in the game is working. Edited by c-attack

This should work and I’ve been doing it with various M65 mice for years, including on the current version of CUE 4.10. Make sure the profile you made the binding action in is active. Make sure the re-assignment in the game is working.

In all profiles that I import into icue, i check all boxes, including "bindings".

But i want to make an "overall" binding.... not profile based....

There is no master profile that supersedes all the others. The directive set in the currently active profile will be in force. You probably want that binding in the actions library, but you will need to assign it in each profile you wish to use it.

• 4 weeks later...
There is no master profile that supersedes all the others. The directive set in the currently active profile will be in force. You probably want that binding in the actions library, but you will need to assign it in each profile you wish to use it.

Sorry if i see your answer only now (and sorry for my english),

I've tried but with no success.

Looking for a direct binding in a profile for a game (for example in doom eternal there is a sniper weapon that uses magnifing in the distance to look the exact target, with mouse button 2, then you fire with mouse button 1....

... that function, in my opinion, had to be thought with sniper button in games....freeing the right mouse button....

No, the "zoom/sniper" function within the game is unique to the game engine and only occurs in certain circumstances. The native "sniper" function on the M65 series is to shift the DPI level. Typically you have your 5 standard levels (1000-1500-3000-5000-10000) or whatever. Then the Sniper button has it's own specific DPI value for a quick shift. This is usually set 400 dpi by default, but it can be any value including high dpi settings.

If you don't have any need for that, you can remap the keep to do something useful. In this case, you could remap sniper to be "right mouse click" within CUE. However, that would likely not be advantageous over using the right mouse button. If the goal is to make the right mouse button available, you will need to shift the Zoom/Sniper function in the game settings to another key not used (like Screen Lock or Num Pad +), then in CUE bind the sniper button to Screen Lock. That then frees up right mouse to become something else.

There isn't an API level connection between the peripherals and the game engines, so any reprograming needs to be done in game menu and then in CUE with this substitute binding stuff.