Corsair Community

SP120 of Crystal 570X do not show in Commander Core

Fervalaka

Hi there,

Everything is in the title... I just installed a H100i Elite Capellix in my Corsair Crystal 570X, I added a QL120 at the back.

Obviously, as they came together, the 2 ML120 are recognized by the Commander Core along with the pump and the added QL120.

I made space for the commander core by removing the Lighting Node Core that came with the case.

I plugged the 3 SP120 of the case onto the Commander Core.

Here is my issue : not problem with the power, they do spin. Nevertheless the LEDs do not light up and I cannot control anything from the commander.

My question is : do I have have to put back the Node Core in order to have the LED working? Is there not a way to have the Commander Core managing the SP120?

Thank you in advance for your reply and solution. :)

You will likely be better off putting them back on the Lighting Node Pro that came with the case. Those SP-RGB are a 4 LED fan and you have mixed them with two 8s and a 34 LED QL. Anything other than static lighting is going to be really difficult as the controller will use the highest fan count as the base.

An additional problem is the SP-RGB are 3 pin DC fans and the Commander Core is a PWM controller. They will be stuck at 100% at all times. You probably want MB fan control for them or something else than can do DC voltage control.

Hi c-attack and thank you for your reply ! :)

I figured as much and I put the Node back. Nevertheless for cable management sake, I plugged the SPs on the Commander Core and I did not notice what you mentioned.

They do spin at ~1500RPM now.

Thank you for the info!

I'll stick to that for the time being, but I am forced yes forced (well that is what I'll be pretending to my girlfriend...) that I have to purchase 3 QL120 in a near future... pity... ;)

Thank you again for the enlightening reply!