Corsair Community

Virtuoso wireless not working any more

The wireless mode isnt working any more after updating. Dongle and Headset blinking red all the time in wireless mode. Everything is at the latest version. I also de- and reinstalled icue, i did the repair option, different ports. I cant even initiate pairing the dongle any more, its greyed out. How on earth can u mess this up that much?

This is embarassing corsair. I just bought the headset (quick reminder, its 170 euro and advertised as premium!) last week, it worked perfectly fine - until the update. I am extremly mad right now, better to say: i feel scammed.

• Confused 1

I'm having this same problem after the 4.10 update. I was in the middle of using it for a meeting, it was working fine, then suddenly it cut off audio and my mic and it turns out it's suddenly unable to pair with the dongle. Works fine in wired mode. The dongle shows up in iCUE, but the headset only shows up in wired mode. The dongle option to "initiate" for the pairing is greyed out, and the headset option to "pair" just bring up a dialog box that says "Ensure that the Wireless Receiver is inserted into your system. Pairing will start soon" indefinitely.

Firmware is updated for both dongle and headset, however I was only able to use the force update option for the dongle, as the headset force update option was greyed out. I went through the microsoft settings > programs > iCUE > Modify > repair steps, uninstalled and reinstalled iCUE. I tried holding down the mute button on the headset in wireless mode for 15 seconds until the light went out, switching to wired mode, and plugging it in. Reverted iCUE to 3.3.8 without luck, then installed 4.10 again. Tried different usb ports to see if maybe it was a hardware problem, but no luck there either.

Has anyone else had any luck with getting this fixed?

• Corsair Employee

On iCUE 4.10.273, VIRTUOSO has firmware version 5.2.68 available, while its dongle has 5.4.99 available.

I suggest taking the following steps:

1. Make sure your VIRTUOSO is toggled to USB mode and connect it to your PC via USB. Connect the USB dongle, as well and make sure both devices are connected to direct USB ports and not a hub/dock.
  2. Go to device settings for both devices and make sure firmware on both VIRTUOSO and its dongle is up-to-date (per versions above/last image below)
  3. With firmware for both devices up-to-date, there are two methods to re-pair the two:

• Select VIRTUOSO's dongle>Connections>Press "Initiate" next to USB Wireless Receiver pairing (see first image below)

• Select VIRTUOSO headset>Device Settings>Press "Pair" next to Wireless Receiver Pairing (see second image below)

attachment.php?attachmentid=41109&stc=1&d=1619801624

attachment.php?attachmentid=41107&stc=1&d=1619801269

attachment.php?attachmentid=41106&stc=1&d=1619799726

Edited by Corsair Albert
Small typo

how you want the dongle and headset to be paired if you both have different versions, the dongle has version v 5.4.99 while the headset is in version v 0.17.149, and in the software icue I get that they are updated, I already give up and install the program and nothing, and the worst thing is that I only have 3 days with the headset that buys to get me out with those things that because of their updates

• Corsair Employee
how you want the dongle and headset to be paired if you both have different versions, the dongle has version v 5.4.99 while the headset is in version v 0.17.149, and in the software icue I get that they are updated, I already give up and install the program and nothing, and the worst thing is that I only have 3 days with the headset that buys to get me out with those things that because of their updates

The dongle and headset are completely separate devices, therefore have different firmware. If your VIRTUOSO is not being offered 5.2.68 firmware when you check for updates, then please check if you are on iCUE 4.10.273. If you are not, then you can update iCUE through the applications settings (if you're on iCUE 4.xx, and not iCUE 3) or download it here.

I have the exact same issue like op.

My iCue software is v. 4.10.273. Repaired/redownload/reinstalled it twice already

Dongle firmware is v.5.4.99

Virtuoso SE firmware is 0.17.149

It's your software that sends me this firmware and I cant force a update to it.

Since I updated the firmware yesterday I can't pair it anymore and the mic does not work on wired mode either.

Also the whole process you described with the repairing is not possible, because the option "Initiate" on the dongle is grayed out on my iCue.

The dongle and headset are completely separate devices, therefore have different firmware. If your VIRTUOSO is not being offered 5.2.68 firmware when you check for updates, then please check if you are on iCUE 4.10.273. If you are not, then you can update iCUE through the applications settings (if you're on iCUE 4.xx, and not iCUE 3) or download it here.

yeah the dongle update broke my dongle, cant connect to my virtuoso se anymore, on any settings, no matter how many times i try no matter how many different things i do to try to force it, trying 6 different usb slots, nope, tried different wire for headset, nope, tried to reflash firmwares, nope. let it sit on pairing for 10 minutes, nope

I have the exact same issue like op.

My iCue software is v. 4.10.273. Repaired/redownload/reinstalled it twice already

Dongle firmware is v.5.4.99

Virtuoso SE firmware is 0.17.149

It's your software that sends me this firmware and I cant force a update to it.

Since I updated the firmware yesterday I can't pair it anymore and the mic does not work on wired mode either.

Also the whole process you described with the repairing is not possible, because the option "Initiate" on the dongle is grayed out on my iCue.

everything in this post is exactly the same with me

it's clear dongle firmware .5.4.99 destroys the dongles ability to connect to any device

iCue is at Version 4.10.273: Up to date

Dongle is at Version 5.4.99: Up to date

Virtuoso (NON SE) is at Version 0.17.149: Up to date

There is no newer version for anything - at least your software tells that. See below.

I cant initiate paring at the dongle setting because the option is greyed out. See below.

I cant set the headset on wireless because its disappearing in icue if i do so.

If i set pairing at the headset while its connected via usb its going forever or wont even start. See below.

Yes, everything is connected directly via usb port on the pc. The same ports i used before the updates.

Its so clear that your software and firmware broke the wireless ability. Please go to your IT and tell them to fix it!

versions.thumb.jpg.c08a6fe10f60be9d883994950fa1d0e2.jpg

dongle.thumb.jpg.cd64d4b71ee1a0f66b718e46dab45522.jpg

virtuoso.thumb.jpg.cd14ee1645c86f63ae44a50d225bb711.jpg

• Corsair Employee
iCue is at Version 4.10.273: Up to date

Dongle is at Version 5.4.99: Up to date

Virtuoso (NON SE) is at Version 0.17.149: Up to date

There is no newer version for anything - at least your software tells that. See below.

I cant initiate paring at the dongle setting because the option is greyed out. See below.

I cant set the headset on wireless because its disappearing in icue if i do so.

If i set pairing at the headset while its connected via usb its going forever or wont even start. See below.

Yes, everything is connected directly via usb port on the pc. The same ports i used before the updates.

Its so clear that your software and firmware broke the wireless ability. Please go to your IT and tell them to fix it!

Thank you for the screenshots, MarkNov.

Just to clarify with everyone else, the option to initiate pairing is greyed out even with the VIRTUOSO SE connected via USB and toggled to USB mode? I can MarkNov's has his headset connected via USB based on the plugged icon shown in iCUE.

Edited by Corsair Albert

• Corsair Employee
yes, theres no way to make it not grey

Based on your posts, you were previously able to initialize pairing but it became stuck? And now, it's completely greyed out with no option to initialize again? Does completely ending iCUE in task manager and restarting it provide any different result?

I am gathering information to fully grasp the situation and appreciate everyone's feedback.

Edited by Corsair Albert

Based on your posts, you were previously able to initialize pairing but it became stuck? And now, it's completely greyed out with no option to initialize again? Does completely ending iCUE in task manager and restarting it provide any different result?

I am gathering information to fully grasp the situation and appreciate everyone's feedback.

Before the latest update everything worked fine. Now the pairing option is greyed out. Turning wireless at the headset on makes it & the dongle permanently blink red. Ending icue via taskmanager and every icue process and restarting it makes no difference for me.

The button on the dongle page has always been grey, has never been intractable for me, even after replugging it, different usb slots, and switching it between playstation and multi, always grey.

i have it plugged in right now and through the actual headset page i go to wireless receiver pairing and use [ Pair ] there, but then it just sits on "endure that the wireless receiver is inserted into your system" "pairing will start soon" forever, never changing or proceeding, finish cant be clicked, only other button is cancel.

This time i left it for about a hour and still sitting there "pairing will start soon"

Also when i boot up or replug the dongle it flashes red, eventually the led just turns off. Also even after it stops flashing, the usb wireless receiver pairing on the dongle page, is still grey.

Before the latest update everything worked fine. Now the pairing option is greyed out. Turning wireless at the headset on makes it & the dongle permanently blink red. Ending icue via taskmanager and every icue process and restarting it makes no difference for me.

Same here, its like the dongle is dead.

Firmware update converted the dongle into a glowy logo stick

Based on your posts, you were previously able to initialize pairing but it became stuck?

No, in my case it was working perfectly fine before the update of the firmware.

Now it can't sync with the headset. Initialize is greyed out for the dongle and the headset gets stuck when I try to reconnect it.

Soft reset of the headset does nothing as well.

• Corsair Employee

We are currently looking into the matter. Do you guys have any of the following devices as well?

• Keyboard: K57 Wireless
  • Mice: Ironclaw Wireless, Dark Core Pro, Harpoon Wireless

Also, were any of you participants of the Multipoint beta?

Edited by Corsair Albert

• Corsair Employee

Hey everyone,

Please message me the following:

• Your VIRTUOSO model (ex. CA-9011180-NA), and current firmware version for both the VIRTUOSO and its dongle.
  • What firmware version your VIRTUOSO's dongle was on before the update to 5.4.99 (only if memorized, otherwise it's OK!)
  • If you have any of the below devices (if so, please mention):

Keyboard:
K57 Wireless

Mice:
Ironclaw Wireless, Dark Core Pro, Harpoon Wireless

I will provide the firmware and installation steps for your headset. After installing the proper firmware, you should be able to initialize pairing without issue.

If you are unsure of which exact model you have, it can be found under the right earpad. Turn the earpad gently in a clockwise fashion to remove it - the serial and model number should then be revealed. I do not require your serial number, just model number please.

No other corsair product in my case. Just got the Virtuoso last week. Also no beta.

Noted, thank you!

Edited by Corsair Albert
  • Like 2

Hey everyone,

Please message me your VIRTUOSO model (ex. CA-9011180-NA) - I will provide the firmware and steps for your headset. After installing the proper firmware, you should be able to initialize pairing without issue.

If you are unsure of which exact model you have, it can be found under the right earpad. Turn the earpad gently in a clockwise fashion to remove it - the serial and model number should then be revealed. I do not require your serial number, just model number please.

Noted, thank you!

model RDA0022

I didnt have the other two devices you listed above, and i dont remember being in any betas.

I do have a K100, its the only other device on Icue.

CA-9011180

I have only the Virtuoso SE.

Hey everyone,

• Your VIRTUOSO model (ex. CA-9011180-NA)

Keyboard:
K57 Wireless

Mice:

I will provide the firmware and installation steps for your headset. After installing the proper firmware, you should be able to initialize pairing without issue.

Noted, thank you!

• Corsair Employee

I've messaged you guys. Everyone else - please message me so I can get back to you quicker.

• Your VIRTUOSO model (ex. CA-9011180-NA)

Keyboard:
K57 Wireless

Mice:

Noted, thank you!

• Like 1

It worked, my headset has now the correct firmware and works just fine. Thank you for your help!

I've messaged you guys. Everyone else - please message me so I can get back to you quicker.