Corsair Community

ICUE Problems with Walpaper Engine - Missing Devices

Using ICUE 4.10.273

The developer of Wallpaper Engine on Steam suggested we contact Corsair with this issue.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/431960/discussions/2/3126037522455619597/

When ICUE services are turned on in Wallpaper Engine, the LEDs on some of my devices work as expected and others are turned off.

• Vengeance RGB Pro Ram: 1 stick works, 1 off
  • Commander Pro: 1 led strip connected. Off.
  • Lighting Node Core: 4 QL fans. Only fan #1 is lit, with the front side different than the back. Not sure if this is normal or not.
  • Dark Core Pro SE Mouse: Off
  • MM800 RGB Polaris Pad: Working as expected
  • K70 RGB MK2.LP Keyboard: Working as expected.
  • H150i Elite Capellix on Commander Core: Pump head and 3/3 fans working as expected.
  • Void Elite Wireless Headset: Lights off

Any suggestions?

• Corsair Employee
If you have no issues with the RGB of the devices without Wallpaper Engine the issue is going to be Wallpaper Engine itself. Due to how Wallpaper Engine's RGB integration works, any issues with RGB integration have to be taken up with them. Based on the devices you are saying are having issues it appears like they haven't updated their software with those devices in mind and as such the LEDs won't work or won't light up correctly.

If you have no issues with the RGB of the devices without Wallpaper Engine the issue is going to be Wallpaper Engine itself. Due to how Wallpaper Engine's RGB integration works, any issues with RGB integration have to be taken up with them. Based on the devices you are saying are having issues it appears like they haven't updated their software with those devices in mind and as such the LEDs won't work or won't light up correctly.

Here is some more information:

It works much better with ICUE 3.38.61. The only exception is the RAM sticks which are both lit but stay at their default color. Everything else lights up and works as expected with the intended effects.

In the above mentioned thread, the developer states this:

There is no newer version of the iCUE SDK than the one we are already using and Wallpaper Engine merely sends rudimentary colors to iCUE - it doesn't know about how many RAM sticks are installed or how many LEDs are on your fans.

This would imply that Wallpaper engine does not care at all which devices are installed, but rather sends colors to ICUE to distribute as it sees fit.

The developer believes it is a problem with ICUE4 given that it works on ICUE3.

--Colin

Update:

I added a second LED strip to my Commander Pro and the original problem as described in the first post reoccurred. It took a complete uninstall to fix. I then added a LS100 Starter Kit and again got the original problem. Complete uninstall fixed again.

• Corsair Employee
What specific wallpapers are you attempting to use? What specific corsair devices are having the issue? Also Wallpaper Engine is not a Valve product so contacting Steam support for help with a software they don't develop or maintain isn't likely to help. Edited by Corsair Notepad

What specific wallpapers are you attempting to use?

Any. They all have the exact same issue.

What specific corsair devices are having the issue?

From the first post in this thread...

When ICUE services are turned on in Wallpaper Engine, the LEDs on some of my devices work as expected and others are turned off.

Vengeance RGB Pro Ram: 1 stick works, 1 off

Commander Pro: 1 led strip connected. Off.

Lighting Node Core: 4 QL fans. Only fan #1 is lit, with the front side different than the back. Not sure if this is normal or not.

Dark Core Pro SE Mouse: Off

MM800 RGB Polaris Pad: Working as expected

K70 RGB MK2.LP Keyboard: Working as expected.

H150i Elite Capellix on Commander Core: Pump head and 3/3 fans working as expected.

Void Elite Wireless Headset: Lights off

Also Wallpaper Engine is not a Valve product so contacting Steam support for help with a software they don't develop or maintain isn't likely to help.

I didn't contact Steam support or Valve. I posted on the Wallpaper Engine community forum, as linked to in the top post. The Wallpaper Engine developers answer questions there.

Edited by cosmith71
To not be a jerk

I used to have a similar problem where my entire case and headset would light up but my k55 would be entirely dark. i raised it with WP engine via the steam discussion section and it now works without issue.

My only issue with WPE atm but a workaround has resolved it would be if i put the pc into sleep / windows key + l (lock) no rgb would turn back on until i restarted WPE. The workaround i found was to add a delay timer to the plugin starting (30seconds) in settings and ticking the option for safe start after hibernation in settings and it works perfectly fine now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have the same issue, but I can 100 percent confirm that this is an issue problem. I had to jump back to Verison 4.9.8.338 just for the wallpaper engine to work. The Developer said that he has reached out to you but you wont respond. So it functions fine with the old version, so something changed on yall end to not light up all the RGB device.

Do all of you have the Dark Core RGB Pro SE mouse? If so try removing the dongle from the system completely and see if the issue persists. Let me know.

Just did this check, and yes, the Dark Core RGB Pro SE dongle does cause this issue. As soon as I pulled the dongle, the lights started working between iCUE and Wallpaper Engine. I plugged the mouse in wired via USB (no dongle), and the lights stayed on, full functionality of the mouse. Toggled the LED effects on and off in Wallpaper Engine for multiple wallpapers, and everything worked as it should. I popped the dongle back in and connected mouse via Slipstream, USB cable unplugged, and everything remained working as it should, with iCUE providing lighting when LED effects off in Wallpaper Engine and vice versa.

However, once I closed both Wallpaper Engine and iCUE and reopened them, the problem came back again. Unplug the dongle, everything starts working again, even after plugging back in.

Now that all being said, my mouse never lit up when Wallpaper Engine LED effects were working. Everything else lit up (light strips via Lighting Node Pro, H100i RGB Platinum AIO w/ ML120 Pro RGB fans), but the mouse did not, even when wired via USB.

EDIT: The mouse wired via USB is causing the same problem, so it's not just the dongle. If I close and reopen iCUE with the mouse wired via USB, no dongle, it causes the lights to stop working with Wallpaper Engine. Unplug the mouse, and the lights come back on, just like the dongle. Once you unplug and re-seat the cable or dongle for the mouse, everything remains working between iCUE and Wallpaper Engine, either wired USB or dongle, as long as you don't close/reopen iCUE and Wallpaper Engine or reboot.

Edited by c00lkatz

• Corsair Employee
Just did this check, and yes, the Dark Core RGB Pro SE dongle does cause this issue. As soon as I pulled the dongle, the lights started working between iCUE and Wallpaper Engine. I plugged the mouse in wired via USB (no dongle), and the lights stayed on, full functionality of the mouse. Toggled the LED effects on and off in Wallpaper Engine for multiple wallpapers, and everything worked as it should. I popped the dongle back in and connected mouse via Slipstream, USB cable unplugged, and everything remained working as it should, with iCUE providing lighting when LED effects off in Wallpaper Engine and vice versa.

However, once I closed both Wallpaper Engine and iCUE and reopened them, the problem came back again. Unplug the dongle, everything starts working again, even after plugging back in.

Now that all being said, my mouse never lit up when Wallpaper Engine LED effects were working. Everything else lit up (light strips via Lighting Node Pro, H100i RGB Platinum AIO w/ ML120 Pro RGB fans), but the mouse did not, even when wired via USB.

EDIT: The mouse wired via USB is causing the same problem, so it's not just the dongle. If I close and reopen iCUE with the mouse wired via USB, no dongle, it causes the lights to stop working with Wallpaper Engine. Unplug the mouse, and the lights come back on, just like the dongle. Once you unplug and re-seat the cable or dongle for the mouse, everything remains working between iCUE and Wallpaper Engine, either wired USB or dongle, as long as you don't close/reopen iCUE and Wallpaper Engine or reboot.

Thank you for confirming. All details have already been passed along to the appropriate teams and it should be resolved in a future update.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Dear Corsair! 🙂

The problem has resurfaced. 

Icue 5.5.134
Wallpaper Engine latest version (2.2)

I bought your new Nightsaber Slipstream mouse.

If wallpaper engine starts up with the new mouse it results in no leds being lit up.

When I disconnect my new mouse and connect the old one and restart Icue and Wallpaper Engine the led effects seem to work again.

When I reconnect my new Nightsaber mouse it now does light up but only the Corsair logo zone. The rest is still off.

Is this due the mouse still being new? Will Icue receive an update for the problem?

I found another problem 😛

Currently it is not possible to flip fans in the Murals section. I use some of my QX120 fans as intake. This means that those fans show the murals in the wrong direction. (Mirrored)

Will there be a function added to mirror the fans in the Murals tab?

Also it seems to not be possible to configure my fan setup in any way atm. I did read you guys are redesigning it and that I should wait till half September to correctly configure my fan setup and directions. Which I will be awaiting in anticipation! 🙂