Corsair Community

K70 RGB MK.2 freezing

Hi everyone,

I really hope that someone can help me because this is driving me insane. I plugged the correct cable into the USB 3.0 port and everything seemed to be working great. A few minutes later, the light sequence froze and I needed to unplug the keyboard and reconnect.

I've got the latest iCue4 and updated my motherboard bios and drivers. I've tried different USB ports. Tried using x2 USB 2.0 ports instead of x1 USB 3.0. Plugged it into an Alienware 17 (which worked for a while but eventually froze), reinstalled keyboard drivers, tried resetting the keyboard by hold the ESC key... unplugging and then plugging back in. I think that I've pretty much tried every trick documented on the forums.

Is this a lost cause or can anyone think of a reason why it keeps happening? It's a really cool keyboard so I'd definitely love to keep it but this issue is driving me nuts. :bigeyes:

• Corsair Employee

If iCUE is definitely causing the freezing, there's very likely another software application conflicting with it.

Please review these troubleshooting steps for software conflicts:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360055923332-How-to-fix-unwanted-RGB-lighting-changes-in-iCUE

Failing that, this is something you'd want to put a ticket in for ashad07 -- there's a link for Support Ticket System right at the top of this page.