Corsair Community

iCue 4 Dashboard not saving

Hey all,

I've had iCue 4 setup for a couple weeks now, and I've encountered a couple issues that I've been able to solve, but one that remains elusive is my dashboad.

No matter what I set on my dashboard or what I do, my dashboard gets reset every single time I turn off my computer.

I've tried the complete uninstall instructions provided by Corsair, including editing the Windows registries. And I'm a little bit at a loss right now.

Thanks!

Hey bud......

try shutting down iCUE before you shut down/restart your PC . helped another guy who had to do this. from what i have seen. doing this will save the changes you are making. its been reported as a bug so hopefully its being looked into.

• 1 month later...

I have the latest version of iCue software (ver. 4.11.274) and this issue still happens: encountered it today, all my sensors and dashboard graphs are lost again.

I thought that the recent update fixed that, but no. Come on Corsair, this issue was reported already minimum in March 2021 and it is still present even in the updated version of iCue.

It's a shame...

• Like 1

I've got this problem too, though I've noticed it's the motherboard and GPU sensor positions that usually get lost. The ordering of the Corsair device sensors seem more likely to persist.

try shutting down iCUE before you shut down/restart your PC . helped another guy who had to do this. from what i have seen. doing this will save the changes you are making. its been reported as a bug so hopefully its being looked into.

Very bad answer. Saving changes can easily happen any time a sensor is moved.

Some reboots happen by other means, e.g. Windows Update, and it's not fair to expect everyone to remember to explicitly exit a tray icon that often gets hidden behind a fold. It wouldn't be reasonable to consider iCUE a "working document" kind of application that we should make sure we save explicitly.

Very bad answer. and it's not fair to expect everyone to remember to explicitly exit a tray icon

sorry.. but i didnt say that or indeed that this was a solution. it's a work around that may help for now while this reported bug is being worked on. and no it doesn't automatically save each time you move a sensor or rename it.. it should.. but this seems not to be happening for a number of users.. as i said

Hey bud......

• 2 months later...

Latest software  and still the same issue. Actually in my case H115i Elite fans speed, coolant temp and  pump speed disappearing 😞

Even the application restart without reboot cause this 

Edited by Shahoff
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

having the same issue - Dashboard is not saving the widgets / settings.  Shutting down iCUE before the PC isnt a long term solution...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Can confirm iCUE v4.16.194 Dashboard is not saving sensor positions (within devices and system info windows), added/removed sensors etc. Often you are greeted with a blank dashboard, or what seems like a random selection of device/system info windows.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/19/2021 at 3:54 AM, informatik01 said:

at the recent update fixed that, but no. Come on C

I just posted also. My settings dont save even though it says if i save a .gif image on the H150i LCD screen and i close iCue - it should stay that way.

• 2 months later...

I have this same issue.  Started with Icue 4.18 and 4.19.  issue was with motherboard sensors and corsair h115i.  I did a full removal as per corsair, updated to 4.20 and now the issue is with my commander pro.  motherboard and aio working now.  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

And its still a problem, I`m having the same issue. The Dashboard still is not saving settings well over year after the problem was reported.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I also have this issue. I've tried a clean install of icue4, I even formatted once to try to see if that would help. I do the suggested work around exiting icue before a shutdown/reboot. I have turned off all sensors, I have turned on some sensors. All of these efforts result in the same issue... The default sensors all return, for me its cpu/gpu/voltage.

Another company EVGA had similar issues with their Precision X1 it took them 5 years to solve it and to be fair to them they did call the program a beta. Maybe get on the horn with them and ask for some assistance.

Please can someone escalate this to a department that can do something to address this issue. It has been well over a year so far.

Sensors.JPG

I'm also adding to this thread - v. 4.26.110 still removes all sensor details and sensor order from the Dashboard upon every reboot.

I've also tried all of the multiple workarounds suggested in this thread and the behaviour persists. What is the point of this feature if it has to be repeatedly configured for multiple devices every time you start your computer?

• 1 month later...

Issue is still reproducible. My iCUE dashboard is resetting (blank page) every single time after turning my PC off and on again. This issue makes the dashboard a useless feature as I (and surely everyone else with this issue) is not setting it up again and again and again.

iCUE Version: 4.28.174

Window Version: Window 10, 21H2 (Build 19044.2006)

On 4/17/2021 at 7:45 AM, Zotty said:

[...] try shutting down iCUE before you shut down/restart your PC . helped another guy who had to do this. from what i have seen [...]

This indeed is temporary "fixing it". At least as long as you are thinking about shutting down iCUE EVERYTIME before you shut down your PC. If you forget it just once, your dashboard is wiped again. I really like Corsair and hope this will get eventually fixed but how long this issue is around is frustrating.

On 5/21/2021 at 12:40 PM, Zotty said:

[...] while this reported bug is being worked on [...]

Do you happen to know if this issue can be tracked on some official "Known Issue" side? Is there really being worked on this? Just asking because of the time that left since this issue is first mentioned...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yep this is still a problem for me too. 

Specifically any changes I make to applications associated with specific profiles reverts back every time the computer is restarted. 

For example when I added GoW.exe to one of my profiles, I had to do it every time I turned on my computer.  I eventually got it to stick by changing the color icon of that profile.  I got another game to stick with the same technique.  But now that I want to delete the association... I have to delete it every time I restart my computer.  The profile color change didn't fix. Nor did a name change. 

Garbage. 

• 1 month later...

I have another workaround for those of you that haven't figured it out yet. This works to save the profile the way you want it and it persists through reboots and shutdown/startups of iCUE.

After you have your profile configured the way you want it.

1. Click the Profile dropdown arrow in the top left:

2.  Right click the profile you're having trouble with

3. Click "Copy Profile"

4. Right click the new "Copy of" profile and click "Set as Default"

5. Delete the original profile

6. (Optional) Right click the "Copy of" profile and click "Rename"

7. (Optional) Remove the "Copy of" text, so your profile name now matches the original name - this will help to retain any references you have to this profile (e.g. Stream Deck, macros, etc.)

8. (Optional) Drag the new profile back to it's previous place in the list (so your profiles are in the same order they were before, this will help to retain your profile rotation (e.g. Corsair keyboard profile buttons, Stream Deck, etc.))

20 hours ago, sirjmann92 said:

I have another workaround for those of you that haven't figured it out yet. This works to save the profile the way you want it and it persists through reboots and shutdown/startups of iCUE.

After you have your profile configured the way you want it.

1. Click the Profile dropdown arrow in the top left:

2.  Right click the profile you're having trouble with

3. Click "Copy Profile"

4. Right click the new "Copy of" profile and click "Set as Default"

5. Delete the original profile

6. (Optional) Right click the "Copy of" profile and click "Rename"

7. (Optional) Remove the "Copy of" text, so your profile name now matches the original name - this will help to retain any references you have to this profile (e.g. Stream Deck, macros, etc.)

8. (Optional) Drag the new profile back to it's previous place in the list (so your profiles are in the same order they were before, this will help to retain your profile rotation (e.g. Corsair keyboard profile buttons, Stream Deck, etc.))

This does not work for me. It does not appear to be a profile bound thing anyway.

Icue4 has never even once saved my dashboard layout, tried profiles, tried closing it the proper way.
Even after just closing icue and restarting it, without rebooting my pc, it loses it's layout immediatly.

This somewhat worked for me:

1. Close iCUE

2. Open it again, as administrator.

3. Fill the dashboard with your desired sensors.

4. Close iCUE.

5. Open it again, in normal mode.

It might save the dashboard. Some sensors might be missing though, so I suggest repeating the process. It's nice to see that WE, the users, have to figure this stuff out and corsair won't fix the bugs, yet they add unnecessary stuff like Murals.

• 1 month later...

Corsair have tons of bugs and years flies and they still dont fix them... 😞

• 7 months later...

This issue is still ongoing, even in ICUE v5.5.134.

So far for the murals configuration being lost I might have find the issue in another Corsair forum post by making the configuration file read-only.

If only someone in here or Corsair knows which file is responsible for the dashboard sensor part...