Corsair Community

Request for 4000D/5000D cases

scytus

I admire the design of these new cases, but am also a builder that prefers little-to-no RGB in component selection. Unfortunately due to the heavy tint on the glass panel of these cases, you can't see the internals in my current config. While I can stick LED strips in there, I see that as a suboptimal solution; potentially harsh, non-uniform lighting, and only looks that way when turned on.

Looking to provide feedback to Corsair that I'd really appreciate a light-tinted glass panel (akin to how Fractal differentiates their glass panels) specifically for the black Corsair 4000D/5000D series of cases. Hoping others share that desire as well.

Edited by scytus

• 2 weeks later...
I see your point and I will forward your feedback internally. I would add some dimmed down white lighting just to slightly light up the inside so it would be more visible.

Thank you, Johan.

To reiterate, I personally wouldn't prefer a completely clear side panel as I think that would betray the more understated look of the case (I have a black 5000D solid); but I would really enjoy having one that is lightly tined. This would be similar to Fractal's approach of how they offer you a lightly tinted panel vs. a darker one.

That'd allow non-rgb internals to be visible, yet still provide a slight, but uniform tint. I wouldn't mind paying an additional cost to acquire a panel like that.

Thanks again for being receptive.

I see your point and I will forward your feedback internally. I would add some dimmed down white lighting just to slightly light up the inside so it would be more visible.

I would also like to purchase a lightly tinted or a clear side panel for the black 5000D airflow. Please make it available!

• 5 months later...

I'm also in the camp that prefers a "light tint" option for the 4/5/7000 series cases. Corsair, please make it happen for both white and black models.

I own a zero rgb 5000D Airflow and sucks that I cannot see my internal components without having an LED strip.

Edited by chibi-

• 2 years later...

Another request for this. Lots of requests on Reddit too

• 2 weeks later...

first time builder and went to lengths looking for the best cases finding what would suit best for me! i settled on the 5000d airflow and no joke its overall design is simple yet effective!!

corsair you really landed this just right about! the only thing is i want this case to evolve and improve!

so in hopes ill leave this here for feedback!

the cavity for wiring under the motherboard comes a bit Awkard. i initially was worried for the motherboards header cable as it bends at a very bad angle out over the cavity back into it to fit properly and eventually had to get a 90 degree adapter to fix it. a recommendation to add this with the case itself.

another issue i have is the gpu cable for my 3070ti comes very short reaching to the power supply underneath. i would ask at best to make a front cavity of the bottom cage in front of the glass. it currently jumps in the way of my bottom fan of the front case. and the removable piece of the cage that can be swapped out should be looked over for re desighn because its extremely tedious removing it. i end up scrapping my hands or near bending and breaking the part that keeps it in place. im not sure why it has to be so well latched on. including the internal compartment for holding drives.

and one other thing should be that the height of the case should be increased by a few inches to allow cavity room for wiring above the motherboard. i managed throwing it through and behind the icu liquid cooling but it was hard and close to not reaching. 

and the last little one is the fuzzy covers for the feet of the case easily get removed and destroyed since they are just glued on. 

thanks you for you time!