Corsair Community

Audio Visualizer - Can't use audio bus?

I just tried to start a new profile using the "Audio Visualizer" option and was greeted with the warning that I must use Corsair audio products as an input/output device to make it work.

Is there no way to simply have it use the PC's audio bus to drive the signal? I do not have any Corsair audio products, didn't even know they made audio interfaces honestly. I've got a Focusrite audio interface and don't have any plans to change that at the moment, so I guess I'm out of luck for the jukebox effect?

If so that's a little bit of a bummer as even Gigabyte RGB Fusion (which sucks in my opinion) allows you to use the music from the system bus to drive the lighting. Hopefully there's a way around the Corsair audio device restriction.

There is software that allows you to interface the audio in like this one http://alex.krastev.org/users/profiles/1005/profile yes you will have to pay for it but it works very well, there is also this one https://www.project-aurora.com/ which will bring rgb effects from games that only works with certain brands etc razer to corsair and this one https://github.com/DarthAffe/KeyboardAudioVisualizer/releases which is a free audio visualizer which I haven't tried but seen reports it works.

• Corsair Employee
I just tried to start a new profile using the "Audio Visualizer" option and was greeted with the warning that I must use Corsair audio products as an input/output device to make it work.

Is there no way to simply have it use the PC's audio bus to drive the signal? I do not have any Corsair audio products, didn't even know they made audio interfaces honestly. I've got a Focusrite audio interface and don't have any plans to change that at the moment, so I guess I'm out of luck for the jukebox effect?

If so that's a little bit of a bummer as even Gigabyte RGB Fusion (which sucks in my opinion) allows you to use the music from the system bus to drive the lighting. Hopefully there's a way around the Corsair audio device restriction.

If you are not utilizing a Corsair headset the audio visualizing effect will not work in iCUE.

• 4 weeks later...
There is software that allows you to interface the audio in like this one http://alex.krastev.org/users/profiles/1005/profile yes you will have to pay for it but it works very well, there is also this one https://www.project-aurora.com/ which will bring rgb effects from games that only works with certain brands etc razer to corsair and this one https://github.com/DarthAffe/KeyboardAudioVisualizer/releases which is a free audio visualizer which I haven't tried but seen reports it works.

Thanks, just paid for RGBeat and will try it out.

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to confirm that "Corsair Audio Visualizer" doesn't work with a K95 keyboard. If it does, I don't know how to get it to work. All my corsair items work properly in 'individual' lighting layers mode and in 'lighting link' mode.

However, when I turn off all RGB through ICUE, then try to make my keyboard light up using "Corsair Audio Visualizer" nothing happens.

Here is a video of what I'm trying to do. Any help would be appreciated.

[ame=https://youtu.be/QkUny1WDbYI]link to a video[/ame]

• Corsair Employee
I just wanted to confirm that "Corsair Audio Visualizer" doesn't work with a K95 keyboard. If it does, I don't know how to get it to work. All my corsair items work properly in 'individual' lighting layers mode and in 'lighting link' mode.

However, when I turn off all RGB through ICUE, then try to make my keyboard light up using "Corsair Audio Visualizer" nothing happens.

Here is a video of what I'm trying to do. Any help would be appreciated.

As I stated in a previous post the Audio Visualizer effect will not work without a Corsair headset. This is not a bug, this is not a broken feature. This is a feature that is only available with a Corsair headset.

Gotcha.

One more dumb question (sorry): If I get a corsair headset, can I link ALL my corsair items (Memory (vengeance pro RGB); H100i acapellax; Commander Pro; K95 keyboard; and the new corsair headset) so they all react simultaneously to music (i.e. through lighting link / Audio Visualizer)?

That would be the bomb.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Based on the devices you listed they should all support the Audio Visualizer effect.

Hello,

Great topic, and I also have a dumb question ^^

I do understand that in order to "activate" the audio visualizer we need a Corsair Headset. But does the feature will be available with any model, no matters if this is a USB or a 3.5mm headset ? Or do we need to buy a specific type of headset?

Thank you for your help ;)

Hello,

Great topic, and I also have a dumb question ^^

I do understand that in order to "activate" the audio visualizer we need a Corsair Headset. But does the feature will be available with any model, no matters if this is a USB or a 3.5mm headset ? Or do we need to buy a specific type of headset?

Thank you for your help ;)

As far I'm aware off it needs to be the usb as the app needs a digital connection to the corsair device in question for the audio visualizer to work as the 3.5mm headsets is analogue meaning no data transfer at all from/to the device so the audio visualizer will not work.

As far I'm aware off it needs to be the usb as the app needs a digital connection to the corsair device in question for the audio visualizer to work as the 3.5mm headsets is analogue meaning no data transfer at all from/to the device so the audio visualizer will not work.

Hello,

Sounds obvious, many thanks for the clarification ^^

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Recently bought the K100 RGB and M65 RGB ULTRA and this is still an issue.

I do not want to use a shitty Corsiar headset with the visualizer.

I want to use my HS8 Monitors and Sub. This is unacceptable for having spent about $300 for a keyboard and mouse.

Will probably use the SDK to make my own visualizer and then sell it for $15 dollars a pop.... oh wait RGBeat has already done that.

So the best route without spending any more money is to use the SDK to write your own visualizer.

If you don't mind spending more then purchase a third party visualizer such as RGBeat.