Corsair Community

daily icue crash

Lazybum

Seems it happens on a daily basis that icue will crash, i hear a beep sound all the rgb lights go off and then they come back on and now my 2nd commander pro and lightning node are not being found.

Think last time this happened i had to uninstall the program and reinstall it to get them to show back up. But if i have to do that every few weeks what is the point in having anything from corsair if the software dont work half the time?

Just very frustrating when i have 2 commander pros 9 ql 120mm fans and 7 normal LL fans, new k100 keyboard, new glaive rgb pro mouse and a virtuoso headset as well, so i have prob close to $1000 invested into trying to make my lighting all match and it dont seem to work half the time.

Anyone have a suggestion or ideas?

Seems it happens on a daily basis that icue will crash, i hear a beep sound all the rgb lights go off and then they come back on and now my 2nd commander pro and lightning node are not being found.

Think last time this happened i had to uninstall the program and reinstall it to get them to show back up. But if i have to do that every few weeks what is the point in having anything from corsair if the software dont work half the time?

Just very frustrating when i have 2 commander pros 9 ql 120mm fans and 7 normal LL fans, new k100 keyboard, new glaive rgb pro mouse and a virtuoso headset as well, so i have prob close to $1000 invested into trying to make my lighting all match and it dont seem to work half the time.

Anyone have a suggestion or ideas?

Hi,

Are you able to post your hardware product numbers and where they are connected?

I think this is part of the reason the other person was asking about motherboard and USB, since the K100, Glaive RGB mouse and Virtuoso headset is connected.

What I want to attempt;

1. Calculate the total current consumption and attempt to find the current limits of the devices (power supply, motherboard, external usb hubs)

2. Attempt to figure out where in the connection there might be an overload (something disconnecting could be because of OCP (overcurrent protection))

3. Attempt to figure out a different port configuration to solve the issue.

Beforehand; I don't know if I'll be able to solve the issue, or whether it is caused by some software conflicts or settings.

Have an msi x570 godlike mobo, amd 5900x, nzxt kraken 360mm aio (like the dual temp readouts on the screen), 32gb of G.Skilll 3800mhz cl14 (couldnt find that fast of Corsair memory in cl14 but with all the trouble im having with gskill rgb software may just sell and get corsair again), evga 3090 ftw3 ultra and corsair hxi 1200i psu all in an o11 dynamic XL case.

As far as how i hooked it all up im not sure, tho i do think i might be exceeding some limits since i think only 2 of the 3 fans on my lightning node pro light up. that prob has something to do with all the QL fans and all their LEDs tho.

Do think i have one commander pro plugged into the mother board and then everything else prob daisy chained off the one. Do have another lightning node pro in a drawer from all the fan 3 packs i have ordered. Guess this weekend i will have to take things apart and figure out how i have it all wired

Edited by Lazybum