Corsair Community

HX1200 or HX1200i not turning on? Heat it up first.

rehsd

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my psu is 2039xxxxxxx and on Z390 strix-E manifested on first boot, then it worked for 3 days and after that it was hell, no way to boot at all.

On x570 strix F worked for one day good, no problem with boot and after that problem just randomly came back.

So it could manifest one some sunny day,so yeah just change it while you can, and good luck with RMA it is really a pain to deal with that since i'm still waiting for ADVANCED RMA after one month of mails and it's still stuck on customs.

Hi everybody again.

I bought a HX1200 on February 6, 2021 (amazon.co.uk)

I sent it to Netherlands with RMA on february 25, 2021.

Corsair USA sent a new hx1200 on March 3, 2021.

Old hx1200 lot is 2038xxxxx, new hx1200 lot is 2039xxxxxx.

The new item is as problematic as before, my system does not works. I can not use my computer since February 3, 2021, unfortunately.

If i saw this topic i definitely would not buy a hx1200 !!!

Corsair customer service is excellent but hx1200 sucks just as much !!

I asked for help again, I hope they will help.

Old RMA: 2004040420

New RMA: 2004115541 (no response yet.)

Edited by FthTrzk

Case closed for me. I now have a working replacement for my HX1200i.

While there were some process issues along the way, overall, Corsair did a good job in treating me like a valuable customer and ultimately resolving the issue. To be fair to Corsair, the current economic climate (e.g., COVID, tariffs, supply chain issues) makes it tough for Corsair. For my bad PSU, Corsair has stepped up and done what is in my best interests, even with a financial penalty to Corsair.

Thank you, Corsair team!

Corsair customer service at that no answer to my messages.

They left me alone as if I was responsible for this situation.

I will make a video on how the power supply is destroyed soon. I will add it both here and on reddit.

Can you hear me @Jonnyguru?

Edited by FthTrzk

I just received a response to my RMA and have paid for the replacement which is supposed to ship out within 1 business day. I was informed that it will have an EU power cord as its an EU variant CP-9020140-EU, but other that functionally the same. I've got the return shipping label printed and ready to go.

Amazing service so far from Corsair. Looking forward to a quick resolution! I will update once this is closed out.

Edited by Mjbz68

My replacement HX1200 came in today, brand new in sealed box lot code 2052 and outside of the defective range. As previously mentioned it came straight from China and is the EU variant (everything is identical as the US version except the power cord). Thankfully all other power cables were already run and tied back so I just had to swap it out and fire it up. Everything is running great! The other one is boxed up and they provided a return shipping label to send the defective unit back.

Overall I'm very impressed with this PSU, and Corsair's support and very fast turnaround time. Looking forward to closing this one out, and I'll update once my credit card is refunded!