Corsair Community

iCUE error when shutting off system.

silencer12

I felt I should probably make a new thread for my technical error with iCUE instead of posting in the patch notes.

I upgraded to the latest iCUE from 3.20 due to crashing with the game Hell Let Loose since iCUE was listed as one of the causes. I have used versions after 3.20. It was never fixed. I do not know if anyone else reported it. When I shutdown my system, this error comes up preventing my system from fully shutting down.

Please fix this error. Data from eventviewer and screenshot.

https://ibb.co/dWdFYS1 - Link to screenshot.

https://ibb.co/Qmb1f6S - Link to second screenshot. This is the popup message I get when I try to shutdown my system.

computer details.

operating system - Windows 10 Pro. 64 bit.

processor - i7 7700k

motherboard - Asus Z270-K

ram - 16 GB.

videocard - Radeon RX-580 8 GB

soundcard - Asus xonar dx.

liquid cooler - H110i, version 1

Faulting application name: iCUE.exe, version: 3.37.140.0, time stamp: 0x5feb82e4

Faulting module name: iCUE.dll, version: 3.37.140.0, time stamp: 0x5feb829f

Exception code: 0xc000041d

Fault offset: 0x02bff319

Faulting process id: 0x1ff4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d6f3a8124b4195

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\iCUE.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\iCUE.dll

Report Id: 63001843-32bb-4471-af3c-a9cc935cb7e8

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Edited by silencer12

• Corsair Employee

The version jump from 3.20.xx to 3.37.xx is a large jump and most likely you are experiencing incompatibility between the two versions caused by the update. You will need to perform a clean uninstall and install of the iCUE software. Once you do that you will need to recreate your profiles from scratch. DO NOT export the profiles and attempt to import them once you have iCUE reinstalled as the profiles are not likely to be fully compatible with the new version of iCUE due to changes in how profiles are created and interacted with over the nearly two year time frame you went without updating.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

I followed the instructions in your link. It did not resolve the error message I get. There were no corsair folders in the directories %localappdata% and %appdata% when I went to start/run in windows 10. I made sure the setting "view hidden files and folders" was turned on in my folder options.

The only folders that were deleted were in my registry folder of local_machine and current_user.

Last year I searched the entire registry for any folders or files that were in my Registry after I uninstalled iCUE software. It took atleast 45 minutes or so. I hope that would work too, but I still received the same error message.

Thanks for your time.