Corsair Community

Listen to headset mute/unmute events

convex

I regularly use online meeting programs such as Zoom, and need to often unmute myself by pressing a keyboard shortcut while pulling the microphone of my Void Elite Wireless to enable it. It would be nice if there's some way to programmatically detect when I pull or raise the mic so I won't have to manually press a shortcut in addition to moving the mic.

If the SDK cannot offer that feature... then it might be possible to use a FileSystemWatcher to watch reads to MicOn.wav and MicOff.wav in the iCUE installation dir, and enable voice prompts. This sounds really hackish though so I guess there must be alternatives for such a basic feature.

I forgot to look into this but I think there is a way to get mic level in autohotkey so you could set a timer to check the mic name (I think) and that should tell you whether it is software muted, it could also work alongside your click or hotkey even in zoom or whatever. I may have a look at this this weekend

Have a look here for an autohotkey script that is pretty basic and seems to work for me, doing what I imagine you are looking to do. There are probably classier ways to get there but this appears to work on my void headset. Your mileage may vary and you will want to try that SoundCardAnalysis as the right hand column on that list it gives you is the 16 below (the DeviceNumber):

;#include C:\Users\username\Documents\Autohotkey\Lib\Print.ahk
;https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PProvost/AutoHotKey/master/SoundCardAnalysis.ahk
global muteState:=false
~Space::
;Print("muteState was " . muteState)
muteState:=1
SoundSet, muteState, MASTER:1, MUTE, 16
;Print("muteState is " . muteState)
return
^Space::
SoundGet, muteState, MASTER:1 , MUTE, 16
return
!Space::
;Print("muteState was " . muteState)
muteState:=0
SoundSet, muteState, MASTER:1, MUTE, 16
return

Space mutes the sound, even if the boom mic is down. Ctrl Space gets the current mute state and Alt Space to turn the mute off/mic on. If you want to know that you muted it from the boom and take action on that event, I think you could run a timer to periodically check like every 300 ms. I also suspect there is something that could be monitored, either which could be added to the SDK or perhaps it is already seen in iCUE services - I am sure they take note of the boom mic position separately from mute.

Edited by hastegag

• 4 weeks later...
...you can read the current mic status using SDK: https://corsairofficial.github.io/cue-sdk/#corsairdevicepropertyid

sweet I forgot about that it shows the mic mute status based on the boom mic position. The example gives you this type of output:

Device supports CDC_PropertyLookup, model: VOID PRO Wireless

Headset mic enabled val = 0

Headset surround enabled val = 1

Headset sidetone enabled val = 0

Active headset equalize preset index = 1

convex (the OP) hasnt posted recently but I assume this could help do what they were looking for

• 2 months later...