Corsair Community

Corsair i64 top fan not turning on default settings

Driver365

I have a Corsair i64 purchased January of this year. The PC performed normally until a few weeks ago when i noticed it was starting to overheat.

When I looked into Icue i noticed the top fan was staying on zero and not turning at all, even when coolant temperatures were rising fast.

If i set my icue performance setting to extreme or custom, the top fan kicks in and temperatures return to normal and stay that way. As soon as I go back to default, the top fan rpm returns to zero and stays there.

I notice also that on custom performance, you can only set a single fan speed no matter the temperature, is that normal?

You might look and ask here in the Corsair One sub-forum. Quite often the Corsair One devices have different rules or parameters regarding their behavior or physical set-up.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=278

We would need to know what is controlling the top exhaust fan. Your radiator should be on the side and it's not clear from the product page if the top fan is motherboard controlled or they have tied it into another Corsair fan controller somehow.