Corsair Community

Question about software/drivers

maexane62

Im looking to buy a k70 keyboard

Is it possible to just plug it in and play ? Or what do i need to install, drivers ? How neccesary are they ? Software ? I dont need any fancy lightning settings or macros

While looking for the answer i found this thread from a couple years ago, https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182469

Is this still a thing ? Or u completely removed it ?

Sorry if some questions might sound stupid im just not experienced at all, i just dont want anything unnecessary for my needs running on my pc, hope you understand

thank you

Any Corsair keyboard can plug in and immediately be used as a fully functional keyboard. The parts you need the software for are changing the lighting and programming keys to perform non-standard functions.

A meaningful distinction might be between “I prefer not to run the software” and “I can’t install the software because of security policies”. The K70 MK.2 has 3 onboard save slots for lighting and basic programming. You can easily set up three different ones, quit cue and set it not to start with the OS. Obviously this can work with dual boot Windows/ Linux/Ubuntu etc.

If you are in a situation where you cannot install it all, that would lock you into the three default color schemes that might be a bit rainbow fantastic for some. If you can get access to the software 1 time elsewhere, you could set up 3 new lighting patterns and save them to the KB. They will replace the default colors.