Corsair Community

570x Crystal Tight Space for Pump/Res

MGriff

Hi,

I am having trouble deciding where to put the pump/res combo.

It is a 120ml size res with a D5 pump. The direction is outlet --> GPU --> bottom rad --> CPU --> top rad --> res inlet. Please ignore the single frosted tube in a hockey stick shape, I ran out of tubing last night and used a pre-cut piece until more tubing arrives later :)

At present it's in the rear exhaust positon and this is what I usually settle on. But ideally I want to free that area..

I have it on its side so I can align the pump oulet with the GPU and the inlet with the top rad run easier (I also prefer the inlet at the top of the res, which eliminates some of the issues to do with the proximity of inlet/outlet ports and air bubbles being thrown into the inlet). I also sort of like that I can see water flowing back into the rest (if that's a valid reason to sideways sit it...)

I can't put it under the GPU due to clearance.

I don't really want to put it on the front radiator either. It is a 45mm rad.

At the bottom of front rad, the bends of the ports are tight. The dimensions of the pump and bracket are about 86mm deep and the gap between the bottom rad and PSU shroud is 90mm, so I could in theory use the bottom outlet port rather than the front. But I just don't think it's very good having a rest at the bottom of the set up generally.

At the middle of front rad it would bump the GPU (my Zotac 2080 Super Amp is 290mm and there is literally 60mm clearance to the radiator (not enough for the 86mm combo).

At the top of front rad it would similarly bump the top rad tubes or, if I switched it round - which I could do if the combo was being moved from rear exhaust - it would nevertheless bump the fans

Have thought of getting a separate pump and res...the D5 could be fixed to the bottom of the front rad easily but then, assuming the res should properly fit on top of (or some position above it) I would have trouble fixing it to the middle/top positions of the front rad. I could potentially get a flat res similar to what I am using now I suppose.

FYI I tried the XD5 and XD3 but I had problems for a few months trying to get them to work before I gave up and went with my current combo.

Please let me know if further images will assist.

Thank you in advance, any ideas appreciated!

Image.thumb.jpg.1e746c020db358d7694093fdf3a49560.jpg

Bleh, out of stock, i was going to suggest using the 90° brackets for FLT reservoirs and pump/res :

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-loop-angled-bracket-120mm

I use these to avoid having my reservoir obstructing the radiator it's mounted to.

If you use the side in/out, you can smack it right against the glass, and somewhat hide the D5 and its cable run to the back side of the case.

Worth checking if 3rd party sellers have it. Other watercooling shops may have them in stock.

Bleh, out of stock, i was going to suggest using the 90° brackets for FLT reservoirs and pump/res :

I use these to avoid having my reservoir obstructing the radiator it's mounted to.

If you use the side in/out, you can smack it right against the glass, and somewhat hide the D5 and its cable run to the back side of the case.

Worth checking if 3rd party sellers have it. Other watercooling shops may have them in stock.

Hi again,

I literally ordered the angled bracket that morning, thinking it might well be the solution! It has just arrived, so we shall see. Probably a good shout.

Wish I was adept at CNC machining and could make my own reservoir and even a distribution plate, but then again I probably wouldn't ever come out of the workshop..

Cheers, will post a pic when it's done if I manage it :biggrin:

Got it installed.

Need to re-do a couple of bends to make the lines parallel but the reservoir looks nicely positioned now.

Cheers :sunglasse

IMG_20201006_225817.thumb.jpg.3e1693d87866aa2fe348de2a18b9829f.jpg

IMG_20201006_225839_1.thumb.jpg.2371ef9fec1796a9708d1c6dc542ae49.jpg