Corsair Community

HS60 background/white noise

I haven't noticed it until now but there is some sort of ''hiss'' while listening to music or playing a game. It is tolerable but pretty annoying. If you plug it in via USB soundcard there is more ''hissing''. There is still some without it too. Is it an issue with my HS60 or is this common? I would appreciate the help.

• Corsair Employee
Have you tried connecting the dongle to a different USB port on your PC, or another system? If you're using a USB hub/KVM, try connecting the headset directly to the motherboard. Also, is the volume wheel on the headset turned all the way to 100%, or is it somewhere between 0-100%?

I did try a different USB port, no difference. Hmm, I’ll try connecting it directly to the motherboard or another system. It’s usually max but for instance in Spotify If the volume is high(80-100) you cant hear it but less than that you can clearly hear it. Videos and games are like that too. Edited by pizz3man

Have you tried connecting the dongle to a different USB port on your PC, or another system? If you're using a USB hub/KVM, try connecting the headset directly to the motherboard. Also, is the volume wheel on the headset turned all the way to 100%, or is it somewhere between 0-100%?

OK, so I tried plugging it in to the motherboard without and with USB. With USB there is no difference and without it actually worked. But the thing is I cant use my mic anymore and because I have my EQ settings in ICUE I dont really like the ''Pure Direct'' sound. Would a splitter solve the mic issue? Thanks.

• 6 months later...
OK, so I tried plugging it in to the motherboard without and with USB. With USB there is no difference and without it actually worked. But the thing is I cant use my mic anymore and because I have my EQ settings in ICUE I dont really like the ''Pure Direct'' sound. Would a splitter solve the mic issue? Thanks.

It's a bit late answer but i have same problem too.

It happens when i download Corsair drivers. I use usb to connect my headset and i have same problem. I have tried to connect with jack and problem is solved but i couldn't use mic so i decided to uninstall the driver.

But now i searched for this problem and i could try to solve it by using jack splitter.

Have you tried it yet? I appreciate if you answer.