Corsair Community

BSOD just wiped my Commander Pro custom fan speeds.

Tommygunn

Just turned the computer on and I got a BSOD of 'KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED'

The OS did its thing and when I got back into my computer the fans were all screwed up and running at full pelt. I went into my Commander Pro settings and all was gone, just the standard 'Quiet, Balanced and Extreme' were available.

I should also mention that my lighting settings were untouched and are all functioning.

I reset my custom fan speeds, and everything is fine, except for Fan 1 which will not behave and continues to run at 1500rpm.

What to do?

Tom.

Front-Fan.jpg

It's possible the fan configuration file ("cooling folder") was corrupted on the crash. It looks like you've already rebuilt the needed curves, but you might also want to run a repair install of CUE to clean up anything else that might have glitched. Windows Settings -> Apps -> click on Corsair iCUE and select "modify". This will not remove your profiles and settings.

If you're lucky, that will release fan #1 back to your control, but probably not. I am not sure why, but when the Commander runs into an issue with this, it's always fan #1. When it's a different header, it always turns out to be a fan issue. Most users resolve this through a firmware flash.

Go to the settings in CUE for the Commander. Click the update button next to the firmware version. It will tell you it's already up to date. "Force update" should be selected. Click update again.

• 2 weeks later...