Corsair Community

RGB Issue on some keys

MaddAussie

Guys

Earlier today the RGB on Tab,q,w,f,g,h,j and k keys started playing up, the keys are showing the incorrect colour and at times flickering.

I assume its going to be a hardware issue...

Things I have tried.

• Resetting the keyboard
  • Flashing the FW
  • Updating iCue

As of yet the only way I can stop it happening is having the keyboard on certain colours (red or pink)

Any ideas of what to try next?

Edit: Its a k95 RGB Platinum

I would start a support ticket. It reads like a hardware problem and you've already done the only 2 things you can do on your end (soft and hard resets).

The only other suggestion I have is to quit iCUE from the task bar. The entire system should drop into hardware mode. Is the lighting problem still evident in HW mode? If yes, it likely is a hardware problem. If no, then this may be software after all.

Funny enough, this exact thing occurred to me just a few hours ago. The exact same keys and the same yellow/orange tint to it with a severe flicker.

I was considering buying another board entirely considering all the issues this one has, and then this issue just now nearly pushed me to buy a new keyboard until I saw your post. It must be a software issue since it has happened on two separate keyboards at pretty much the same time.

1581682217_k95lightingissue.thumb.jpg.c3338560e29b384588f6d7f76b31f4a3.jpg

Edited by StrangeGeek