Corsair Community

Why would you push a broken update? 3.31.81?

Antoo

So I updated to 3.31.81 and my PC kept hanging/freezing every 10 seconds

now I can't even uninstall or repair the software, Uninstalling gets stuck at 13% and repairing stuck at 4% for hours.

What is dis? and why would you push an update before testing your software?? ( I need to use the EQ on my HS70 pro because the sound quality is garbage, low base, high treble and mid so the vocal sounds pierce your ear)

(can someone link me an older version since they don't even give you the option to rollback!!!)

Update: Reinstalled the whole windows and never installing ICUE again fixes the issue

Edited by Antoo

They've been doing this for ages years, literally.

Updating iCUE is not recommended at all unless you have real issues with your current installed version.

I can't remember when was the last time that updating iCUE solved more issues than causing new ones.

Yet they care about adding DRM to their hardware, keep releasing new RGB peripherals and so on.

Most of their releases lack changelogs for long periods of time. We haven't seen one for a month now. I don't know how their workflow is but having a changelog is the most basic thing you should have not only for your users but so you can keep track of whats done and not.

Edited by BahamutxD

They've been doing this for ages years, literally.

Updating iCUE is not recommended at all unless you have real issues with your current installed version.

I can't remember when was the last time that updating iCUE solved more issues than causing new ones.

Yet they care about adding DRM to their hardware, keep releasing new RGB peripherals and so on.

Most of their releases lack changelogs for long periods of time. We haven't seen one for a month now. I don't know how their workflow is but having a changelog is the most basic thing you should have not only for your users but so you can keep track of whats done and not.

I’m sure they’re keeping internal change logs, but they’re not releasing them publicly, probably because they’re not actually fixing anything and just adding support for new devices. Which is a double edge sword, because now we (or future/potential customers) have no idea what features are added. Like apparently ASUS GPUs can be controlled with iCue, along with Phillips HUE integration. Had no idea because there’s no change log. How are we supposed to know? There are new features like Auto Audio Repositioning that no one has any clue what it does BECAUSE THERE’S NO CHANGE LOG. Done with iCue. Just set everything static and continue on. Leave iCue to rot. Change to a different company when the funds become available.

well RGB is not my main concern, I have HS70 and I need to use the EQ which is not working also the 7.1 option is not working, I have a strafe keyboard and the macros are not working, this is ridiculous. I think the best thing to do at this moment is to switch to some other product and just get rid of all the corsair products i have

• 3 weeks later...
Strange, i update every time and still no problems...and i got plenty of Corsair products...K95 Plat, M65 Elite, Virtuoso SE, RM850i, Dominator Platninum RGB, ST100, H150i, Commander PRO, Node PRO, 9 LL-fans, 10 Led-strips, LT100...just working...

Well, sometimes you're lucky, sometimes not.

The only bug i personally experience with this version is the RGB lag (and obviously the permanent ~7% CPU usage in background).

But this version seems to have received a lot more flak than the few really bad ones i have seen.