Corsair Community

Corsair H150i Pro & Commander Pro - Cant get the Fans to go slow

Wolfseye

I had a Corsair H150i AIO in my PC for quite a while, although with non-PRM fans. So other fans (Case) I just had on my case-integrated control unit. All was fine.

Recenlty my gf wanted a new PC, so we built one for her. In that we put a H115i Pro, and there I also included a Commander Pro. With that and the right settings, her PC was so much more silent than mine, and I was jealous. ;)

So I also got a Commander Pro and some PRM Corsair fans for my case, same case as her's. After I am sure there was also some problem like this, i got it working.

So now , here we are, a few weeks later, and I find myself in a situation where i had to reinstall my PC completely. So after Windows and a few other things, I installed iCUE and Corsair Link again.

And now i have that problem, that my case & AIO fans are not being controlled by the Software as I had it before.

With the AIO fans, i can create custom settings for temps or fix RPM, it just wont change anything. The AIO fans stay at high speed, and quite loud, all the time. If i had a simliar issue after I setup my gf's PC, i dont remember what I did for that to go away.

As it is now, my fans on the AIO are running almost full speed, no matter what I set them to in iCUE. What did i do wrong ?

Its driving me crazy !

Please help. Thank you so much.

For both the Commander and the AIO -> Performance Tab + to create a custom "cooling mode". This is your adjustable curve. There is no one size fits all kind of thing and your room and case baseline temperature have a larger effect on the end number.

For the H150i, create the custom curve then use the three shape tools in the upper right hand corner that correspond to the three presets. Except now, they will be editable and you can see the data points. Drag them up or down to match your normal baseline temp. As Summer rolls in and room temps go up, the nice pleasant Winter curve is not going to be the same. In a temperate climate, your Summer idle coolant temp might exceed the Winter load level depending on room temperature.

The Commander is the same (Performance Tab +), but there you need to get off the presets. They are tied to CPU temp and are going to make the fans go all over the place incessantly and without benefit. Create a custom curve and select a new control variable at the sensor drop down menu. GPU temp is a quick and easy one most people understand. Long term, the temp sensors that come with the Commander (or any other 10K thermistor) will give you control at all times, with or without the software running, and in accordance with actual case temperature changes. That does require more fiddling around to find good spots and learn the normal temp range, so something like GPU temp or motherboard temp can be a good stand in.