Corsair Community

Corsair ql 120 fans rgb not working all of sudden

Aminthemachine

I have 6 of these fans and they were working fine when I built my new pc a few days ago. 3 are brand new and 3 are a year old. I have them all plugged into the rgb node and a few days ago I was able to change the lighting on them.

I unplugged everything to do a flush of my new loop before putting the coolant in. Today I hooked everything up and turned on the system to see the rgb on all the fans is on but won’t let me change anything. The icue software sees the rgb node. Some of the fans are lit but won’t change while others are just lit up in one corner. I’ve attached pictures.

I e tried different cables and different USB ports but can’t figure out what could have happened over a few days of them being disconnected while I flush the loop.

Any help is welcome.

kamjscU.jpg

wbT2t93.jpg

QmscHhT.jpg

Edited by Aminthemachine
Added pictures

Part of the problem here is it appears you have 3 LL120 white fans and 3 new QL120 white fans. These are not the same fan type and the difference in LED count (16 v 35) makes the lighting set-up more or less impossible.

In the short term, make sure the fans are connected to the Hub so the three QL are in slots 1-3 and the 3 LL in slots 4-6. In the Lighting Set-up for the Node Core (?), tell it you have 6 QL. That will generate 6 x 35 LED patterns which will work fine for the first three. The 3 LL may or may be able to display some of those other effects or it may shoot through them. It should work for basic solid colors or single fan patterns.

Ultimately to have real control over all of them, you need the QL on one RGB controller (the Core) and the three LL on the original RGB Hub + Lighting Node Pro. They will appear in CUE as two separate devices and each will act like a 3 fan set, capable of their specific and unique lighting patterns.