Corsair Community

Corsair H60 Version 1 Temp Problem

brentman0110

Hiya folks! First post here, so, I hope my system specs show in signature. If not, I will list them in the next post. In my Antec 300 case, in the front I have two Cooler Master 120mm fans set to intake. On the side, I have 1 Arctic F12 TC 120 mm set to intake. On the top, I have 1 Arctic F12 TC 120 mm set to exhaust. I have the H60 set to exhaust on the rear. Fan is on the grill with the radiator on the fan...so basically, case>Fan>Radiator>CPU - again, set to exhaust. Here is my issue. On idle, my CPU runs at between 44C to 60C, with spikes up to 77C, just using google. The pump is running at 4300ish RPM. The corsair Fan died awhile ago, so I replaced it with a an Arctic F12 PWMPST fan and it is running at 1400ish RPM. My mainboard is running at 38C to 48C. My GPU is running stable at 58C. My board Voltages are VCC3V - 3.3V, CPU Vcore - 1V, VsB3V - 3.3V and Vbat - 3.2V. I am worried to run a stress test with the CPU already spiking at 77C. Thoughts? Could the H60 not be performing properly since it is 6 or 7 years old.

Thanks in advance!

Brent

Fan speed doesn't matter much for idle or any momentary load like launching a program, etc. Normally I would suggest spikes to 77C with basic tasks means a contact problem between CPU and cold plate. However, the elevated baseline temperature of 44C minimum gives a hint to where the problem likely resides. Unless you interior case temp is in the upper 30s, it likely means you are no longer getting the same flow rate you once were. The pump speed is correct, so its more likely to be a flow restriction or partial blockage in the cooler.

Since these things are 'zero maintenance', eventually you will get to a point where things break down. Seems like you are there. You could try unbolting the radiator from the back and giving a gentle shake. It might dislodge a blockage, but this is a temporary effect and not a long term solution. You will want to look at a replacement to bring things back to normal.