Jump to content
Corsair Community

Occasional mobo RGB header de-sync


kungfuabuse
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey, everyone. I recently built a new computer and I'm having a strange issue. I have an Asus motherboard, the Prime X570-Pro, with an AMD Wraith heatsink/fan that keeps "resetting" to its stock color scheme. This seems to happen at more or less random times. I can go a few hours without issues, cycle through tons of my presets, customize new presets, and things will be fine. Then suddenly, out of nowhere, the heatsink and motherboard lighting will return to their default. No messages pop-up, iCUE still recognizes it's plugged in (shows up as "Asus motherboard) and has the correct lighting effect applied. The heatsink is plugged into the RGB connector on my mobo, which is how I control it. There are two other portions of the motherboard with LEDS, which I can also customize through iCUE.

 

When this "reset" happens I have found that if I close iCUE and open Aura to turn the lights off and on and then reopen iCUE, it will work as normal (about 90% of the time, the other 10% requires a restart and repeat of the process). This isn't the most inconvenient thing, but it is a weird anomaly that I would like to fix.

 

What I've tried so far:

-double-checked for a secure connection between heatsink/fan and the RGB header on the motherboard.

-reinstalled iCUE and Aura and ensured I had the latest version of each

 

Despite these steps, it will still reset on occasion. Does anyone have any ideas of what else I could try?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you opening Aura up before gaming? If you use the Aura plugin in iCUE, don't open it. It needs to be one or the other. If you have to control the Wraith with Aura, then it is better to deactivate the Aura plugin in the iCUE settings and use Aura.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not opening Aura up at all unless it's to re-sync things after the motherboard and Wraith stop synching with iCUE. Game sync is off in Aura.

 

This seems to be happening more frequently over the past few days, but like I said, the timing is sporadic and there isn't anything I can do to make it happen or prevent it from happening. It can happen during gaming, browsing the internet, or even when just sitting idle. Not much rhyme or reason to it which is what's so befuddling about it.

Edited by kungfuabuse
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have tried unchecking "enable plugins" in iCUE settings. If my motherboard was synced it will un-sync. But if it's already un-synced it doesn't do anything and I need to go through my quick-fix to regain control of the mobo lighting.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, so I managed to re-create this or perhaps better phrased it happened to me as well. At some point this afternoon, the Aura controlled light strip on the front of my case reverted to default. When I opened Aura, it had changed from gradient color cycle back to standard color cycle and my gradient had been reset.

 

However, the difference here is I am not using the Asus plugin and it is is physically removed from iCUE files. I am running some other stuff off the D-RGB headers and I can't access those through iCUE MB integration. Thus unless this was pure coincidence, it seems like a problem on the Aura end. I don't know. This was one incident. I will have to see if it repeats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...