Corsair Community

Support with Custom Loop

fdolopez11

Hello,

I'm new to the forums and I need your support with my build.

Is it normal that one of the radiators get hotter than the other ones? I have 3 in total 1x360mm,1x240mm, 1x120mm

I have Delta T of 8-10 degrees with the GPU and the liquid on the loop, increasing the speed on the fans doesn't affect cooling performance at all.

I've seen liquid temp go to 44-46C with iCue software.

Here is my hardware

Pump: Corsair XD5

CPU: 9900K no OC

GPU: 2080Ti FTW3 with OC

Fans: Corsair ML120 LED.

Case: Corsair 680X

Loop order: Pump->GPU->120mm Rad->CPU->240mm Rad->360mm Rad

The temps I have seen while gaming are:

CPU:65-70C

GPU: 50-55C

Any advice is highly appreciated, what is wrong with the build?

Here is the link to a picture of my build and fan configuration

https://imgur.com/prlV8T4

prlV8T4

If you are using the Hydro X program curves, try a more deliberate and fixed rate while you evaluate. Try 2000 rpm fixed on the XD5. Then try 3000. See if that makes a difference both a idle and load. If it changes the temp more than 1C at idle, you might have some flow restriction.

Also take control over the fans. 120mm fans start to work a little harder around 1000 rpm. You may see a clear 5-6C difference between 800 rpm and 1300 rpm. There is ground to be made up there and 44C seems too high.

Edited by c-attack

If you are using the Hydro X program curves, try a more deliberate and fixed rate while you evaluate. Try 2000 rpm fixed on the XD5. Then try 3000. See if that makes a difference both a idle and load. If it changes the temp more than 1C at idle, you might have some flow restriction.

Also take control over the fans. 120mm fans start to work a little harder around 1000 rpm. You may see a clear 5-6C difference between 800 rpm and 1300 rpm. There is ground to be made up there and 44C seems to high.

Hello,

Rad Fans are 1600rpm fixed (above that they get very loud) and pump is at 90% 4600rpm.

Top intake fans are Corsair LL120 that came with the case and are at 80% speed.

You stated delta T of 8-10C (expected for that wattage), but coolant temps are in the mid-40s? So your idle coolant temp is mid-30s? What’s the temperature of the room?

Is that 240mm on the bottom intake?

Idle temps are 29C, also consider that I live in a city that is 2,600 mts (8530 ft) above sea level. Room temp should be 23-27C with no A/C, sorry I don't have a way to measure.

Bottom fan with 240mm RAD is exhausting aire through the bottom of th case.

Should I have the pump rpm high or low?