Corsair Community

How do you like your Virtuoso SE?

nerdballer

Hello all, I'm thinking of buying the Virtuoso SE and wanted to get your general feedback on it. Looking through the forums, I can see there are some occasional software issues, but I tend to think those will be worked out (or least one would hope). What I'm wondering more about is audio quality and overall comfort. I've spent a long time looking at reviews for headsets, and without fail, for every headset you can find there's just about as many overwhelmingly negative reviews as there are positive. I guess that's the nature of product reviews on store pages. Angry people always surface to the top :biggrin:. I figured that soliciting feedback from a forum like this might yield more balanced views.

So my question for you: From a sound quality and comfort perspective, do you like your Virtuoso? Was it worth your ~$200? Have you had/do you have a headset you like better? If so, why?

Thanks in advance!

So my question for you: From a sound quality and comfort perspective, do you like your Virtuoso? Was it worth your ~$200? Have you had/do you have a headset you like better? If so, why?

I will put it very short.

The hardware build quality is excellent, the firmware and software is plain crap and I am just in the process of returning mine. Especially for $200 or €200 I expect a nearly flawless experience and this just isn't it. Should have listened to a friend who recommended a Razer Nari but my last Corsair headset (HS1) lasted for 8 years and still has a better mic and software than this PoS. My experience with the HS1 was great but it lead me to believe, Corsair still builds first class headsets....

Audio quality is very subjective but for my taste it lacks depth even after trying to compensate with the EQ in the software. For 50mm drivers the audio performance is just poor plus the mic is very low on volume.

As I said initially, the build quality and comfort is superb, but that doesn't help if the soft- and firmware is crap.

Of course that's only my opinion, but if you have a look at the last few pages of the big Virtuoso thread in this forum, you might get an idea of how many people currently have issues with that thing.

Just to get some different opinions in here. I currently own my virtuoso for about 2-3 month now.

In the beginning i was very dissatisfied as i had some crackling and connectivity issues. i disabled the LED on the headset and battery life is great since then. I also recommend using dolby atmos for headphones (such an upgrade compared to tweaked eq) -> u can try it for free if you like beforehand.

Overall i am very satisfied now, but the out of box experience was extremly ****ty. I had to put a lot of research and effort in it to get it working as i wanted.

However the build quality and feel is amazing, if you're willing to put a little bit of effort in i would say it is still very much much recommended to get one of these. Main things are:

1. Turn off LED on Headphone

2. Get Dolby Atmos

3. Make Sure you are not using it directly next to your Wifi Router

I will put it very short.

The hardware build quality is excellent, the firmware and software is plain crap and I am just in the process of returning mine. Especially for $200 or €200 I expect a nearly flawless experience and this just isn't it. Should have listened to a friend who recommended a Razer Nari but my last Corsair headset (HS1) lasted for 8 years and still has a better mic and software than this PoS. My experience with the HS1 was great but it lead me to believe, Corsair still builds first class headsets....

Audio quality is very subjective but for my taste it lacks depth even after trying to compensate with the EQ in the software. For 50mm drivers the audio performance is just poor plus the mic is very low on volume.

As I said initially, the build quality and comfort is superb, but that doesn't help if the soft- and firmware is crap.

Of course that's only my opinion, but if you have a look at the last few pages of the big Virtuoso thread in this forum, you might get an idea of how many people currently have issues with that thing.

I totally second that!

Best solution for me was to get rid of it and get myself a Nari Ultimate.

I really tried to fell in love with my white virtuoso but after all..... I mean, its meant to make some great sound which - in my opinion - it does NOT.

So I lost half of the price, gained a not as sexy headset - but with awesome sounding and good comfort.

Case closed at least for me