Corsair Community

New iCue update uses 10-20% of my CPU.

Aliothale

What gives? It never used to hit my CPU at all.. with the recent update it's constantly using 13% or more. I'm noticing stutters in my games and occasional hitching too since this recent update.

The core that is running iCue is running at 55c while my others are at 40c-45c which means my CPU is being constantly pegged by the program. When I close iCue all my temps go down to 35-37c on all 4 cores.

This software has been a nuisance for the last year and if this kind of crap is going to continue I'm just going to start buying alternative products. It took months for you to fix necro macros from older Corsair software and now this nonsense is happening.

Edited by Aliothale

iCUE is a bunch of bloatware that none of us need.

As an example - iCUE installled 700MB onto my C drive just so I could change the LED light settings on my newly purchased wireless headset. What an utter bunch of crock.

Certified Windows drivers are perfectly fine for all aspects of your & my PCs. There is absolutely nothing to be gained from installing iCUE, in any scenario. There are far better 3rd Party apps with far smaller footprints which can do a much better job.

What gives? It never used to hit my CPU at all.. with the recent update it's constantly using 13% or more. I'm noticing stutters in my games and occasional hitching too since this recent update.

The core that is running iCue is running at 55c while my others are at 40c-45c which means my CPU is being constantly pegged by the program. When I close iCue all my temps go down to 35-37c on all 4 cores.

This software has been a nuisance for the last year and if this kind of crap is going to continue I'm just going to start buying alternative products. It took months for you to fix necro macros from older Corsair software and now this nonsense is happening.

Try running a repair installation for the program. Windows Apps -> select Corsair iCUE -> Modify. This will not delete your settings.

If it is still high, go to Settings and uncheck "enable plugins" and "enable SDK" to see if it drops. Historically, software management of RGB RAM could cause an issue, but that has mostly been eliminated and it doesn't look you are running that anyway.