Corsair Community

Icue doesn't control fan speed or give correct fan reading

Nomaddde

Hello,

I purchased the commander pro for a 460x Corsair case with SP RGB fans. The ICUE app started and I connected to the commander pro, but it gives the wrong reading for the fans, ICue reads 1500 rpm while Corsair link reads 900-1000 rpm. I went into the motherboard bios and changed the power input from DC to PWC, then somehow the fans became louder. I went bank into windows and checked the fan speeds, both ICue and Link now had matching speeds. I tried setting up a custom speed curve on ICue, the fan reading changed on ICue but the physical fans are running at the same speed, and the link is still showing the "quite" curve speed. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this or which is actually the right reading and which is fake? or how do I control the fan vurve from ICue?

best,

You are going to have to be more specific about what fans you are talking about and where they are connected. The Commander is a stand alone fan controller. There is nothing you can do in the BIOS to alter its performance. Also, unless you are running one of 2 or 3 legacy hardware pieces, iCUE replaces Link for control and it should expressly tell you that when trying to use it. If you are looking at how these two programs are trying to interpret your motherboard data, that is something else but not related to the Commander Pro’s functionality.

The are three SP RGB fans connected to the front of the CPU. I called Corsair this morning and they said it might be that the motherboard bios is not set correctly so thats why i get different reading between the corasair Link and ICue. Icue shows me that I can control the fans, and when I customize the curve the fan speed shows that it's slowing down but in reality it's not. when I go back into Link I find out that the speed is the same and the numbers on the Icue are fake. Hope I was more specific

So what you are really talking about is how the two programs are showing your motherboard fan header speeds. iCUE/Link can't control those so it will be a BIOS setting and the fans should do what the BIOS fan settings tell it do.

Both programs sometimes have issues interpreting the motherboard provided data. It really depends on the motherboard brand and series. However, your SP-RGB fans are DC motors, so don't use PWM unless you like them at 100%. DC is voltage controlled, meaning the control header adjusts the voltage between 5-12v to change the speed. PWM fans are always 12v and use a different pulse system to send a change signal. You want the BIOS controls on DC.