Corsair Community

iCUE ARGB and Third Party DRAM Lighting Support

Corsair James

Attaching 3 pin 5V ARGB devices to Corsair controllers is quite simple...head over to eBay and buy some adapters.  There are 3 pin to Corsair lighting ports, 3 pin to Corsair fan ports and Corsair strip connector to 'standard' strip connector adapters available. I am typing this post on a PC with a Commander Pro, a Lighting Node Pro and a Lighting Node Core.  There are 6 fans, a mix of Corsair and Noctua (with AirGoo frames for the Noctuas populated with 30 LEDs each), two corsair lighting strips and 4 AirGoo strips with 21 leds per strip.  That's 154 argb LEDs, all controlled by iCue, along with my Asus Maximus Hero mobo.  Corsair's 'argb protocol' is identical to any other manufacturer, they just use different connectors.

The only tricky bit is the fans.  Corsair uses a fourth conductor on their fan argb connectors that link effects across fans (e.g. allows Rainbow effects the roll across the fans as opposed to syncronized between them).  A 3rd party fan, plugged into the LNC will simply act like it is attached to splitter.  All the 3rd party fans will light up in sync (e.g. the fan setup light will be the same color on all non-Corsair fans).  You also need to put the non-Corsair fans at the end of the bus.

The reason I pursued this is not because Corsair is too expensive, but simply because their are items they don't offer...like a GPU support arm, or fan frames for non-illuminated fans.  When you are spending a thousand dollars or more on a PC build, what difference is a few tens of dollars difference for the fans and lighting?