Corsair Community

a7n8x-x with value select 3200 (2 x 512)

bravesman16

I currently have an asus a7n8x-x and bought the value select 1024 3200 (VS1GBKIT400) from what I can remember of hand. I have had major problems running this ram in this board. if I set my board to run full speed on the ram it crashes repeatedly. I also thought that it might have been my windows install, so I formated and tried again however I kept getting memory errors during the install. I had to put my old memory back in my system to make sure that it was the memory, once I did this windows installed fine. I have set the memory back from 400 to 366 and have not had a problem yet. Any suggestions as to how I can get this to run at 400 as I did pay for it I would like to use it?.! I am currently running at 2.6 in the bios should I try 2.7 or 2.8? Thanks for any info you might have.

Bobby

system specs

mobo - a7n8x-x (asus)

2 hd - both maxtor 1 80G and 1 160G

1 cd burner

1 dvd burner / cd burner

video card - ati all in wonder 9600 series (agp)

Amd - BArton 2800+ cpu

Your CPU has a 333 Mhz FSB, so the memory has to be run @ 333 Mhz. The FSB and memory have to be kept in sync.

ya that would make sense...duh sorry to waste you all's time. I didn't even think of that after hours of jacking with it. Thanks.

Archived