Corsair Community

H100i platinum RGB 1 fan stuck at max RPM

Carl75

Hi, I just installed the h100i platinum RGB and one of the radiator fans is stuck at max rpm. I’ve tried to change it in icue but it won’t change. The other fan works perfect and I can change the rpm of it. If I swap the plugs over which the fan plugs into then it makes the other fan have the same problem.

I’ve been into the bios and switched off q fan control but it made no difference. I’ve also tried a different USB port and updated the firmware for the cooler. I’m using the stock Corsair fans which came with the cooler.

Motherboard: ASUS z170-e

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

That suggests there is a problem with one of the fan channels. Out of curiosity, what fans are you using on the H100i Platinum? The ML-RGB that came with or something else?

Immediate short term fix is to connect both fans to the one channel that is working properly. You will need a PWM splitter for this. They are cheap if you don't alreadyhave one.

The fan controller on the Platinum is internal so the BIOS stuff should have no effect for this model. I would go ahead and start a support ticket with Corsair (menu above). You can decide later if you want to exchange or use a work around solution, but this will get the ball rolling.

That suggests there is a problem with one of the fan channels. Out of curiosity, what fans are you using on the H100i Platinum? The ML-RGB that came with or something else?

Immediate short term fix is to connect both fans to the one channel that is working properly. You will need a PWM splitter for this. They are cheap if you don't alreadyhave one.

The fan controller on the Platinum is internal so the BIOS stuff should have no effect for this model. I would go ahead and start a support ticket with Corsair (menu above). You can decide later if you want to exchange or use a work around solution, but this will get the ball rolling.

Thanks for the reply, I am using the fans which came with the cooler.

I’ll get a splitter and use it that way as a work around to save hassle

Thanks