Corsair Community

DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB on Linux

jfturcot

I am about to purchase a DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB kit, but since I will mostly be using Linux on this machine, I have a question about the RGB settings.

I know there is no way to control the RGB under Linux, but my question is the following.

Could I set up a really simple color profile under Windows (static white color for example, I'm not into Christmas trees) and save it to hardware? Is iCue absolutely necessary after setting them up and saving? If iCue is not present, will the memory sticks fall back into some kind of psychedelic colors mode upon reboot?

To anyone who owns them, when you reboot, do they keep your color profile while in the BIOS? If not, how about when using a color profile that is a static single color?

Thanks!

In the iCUE settings for the RAM is a "software control" option. By default it is unchecked and what it does instead is write the effect to the memory each time you make a change. Thus, you do not need the software running for the effect to stay and it is not limited to simple colors. All of the preset effects can be written to modules. There are quite a few and ones unique to memory versus other lighting devices. Many of us prefer this mode regardless because of the lower CPU/resource usage.

All that said, I have not spent any time in a Linux environment and I do not know what happens long term. Does the effect get out of sequence, etc. Also note that like all the other RGB or LED RAM, these things will stay on when you put the PC to sleep. The pattern sometimes gets corrupted, but resets on wake. I do not know how that might turn out in the Linux state.

Archived