Corsair Community

Corsair Twinx2048-3200C2, how high @ cas 2.5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
hey I just got the Corsair Twinx2048-3200C2.

How high does it go in 2.5-3-3-X? I have an AMD64 rigg.

I guess about 215 or so?

anyone?

or how high at the spd timings. i don`t think there are alot of users of 2 gb ram in DDR rigs can`t seem to get any info on this myself let us all no how you get on grendal84 :sigh!:

Actually, there's quite a few people with 2Gb or more in their rigs, but they're usually not overclockers.

As for these particular modules, I'd say if you're hitting 215 or so, that's as good as it'll do right now.

The IC's are extremely dense and put quite a load on the memory chipset all of which together make overclocking them hard. It's probably possible, but would take an exceptional chipset and very strong pair of modules to get high frequencies.

PLUR

CK

• 3 weeks later...
Actually, there's quite a few people with 2Gb or more in their rigs, but they're usually not overclockers.

As for these particular modules, I'd say if you're hitting 215 or so, that's as good as it'll do right now.

The IC's are extremely dense and put quite a load on the memory chipset all of which together make overclocking them hard. It's probably possible, but would take an exceptional chipset and very strong pair of modules to get high frequencies.

PLUR

CK

thanks for the info candykid , when you say the ic are extremely dense do you mean that there is more then 16x chips per dimm.

I was thinking of getting the xms3200pt twinx 2x1gb kit which has the 3,4,4,8 latencty timings. also the data sheet shows denseity using 64m x 8 ddr rams in which case that would only = 512 per dimm or is this 512 both sides to get the 1gb per dimm which would = 16 ic . am i correct in my thinking :confused:

also do you no what ic`s are used on the 1gb dimms thanks

Archived