Corsair Community

H150i Pro / Crystal X570: fan speed not adjustable

skywarp

I would like to control the fan speed of H150i Pro cooling. Fans used are the RGB fans provided along with the Corsair Crystal X570 mirror-black case.

The bios of my board offers a dynamic control. I am able the create control curves by relating temperature values to fan speed values there. I played around a little with one of the non-RGB fans provided along with the H150 and connected it directly to mainboard's CPU fan header. It works both in PWN and DC mode.

However, I am not able to adjust the speed of the RGB-fans that are setup and connected as described in the H150i Pro manual. Neither in PWN nor DC mode. They are constantly running at 2000rpm. I should be able to adjust their speed, right?

I sincerely hope that speed control is not tied to Corsair's iLink software. I am on Linux and this option is therefore ruled out.

The (Ryzen 2700X) CPU's temperature is between 22°C (idle) and 42°C at max. (all cores 100%). No overclocking.

I would like to use the RGB fans of the X570 case together with the H150 due their look. I guess this is not posing any problem here.

I would also like to gain a better understanding of the hardware setup. What is the purpose of the usb cable connected to the pump and the mainboard?

Thank you in advance.

They are constantly running at 2000rpm. I should be able to adjust their speed, right?

No, you should not be able to adjust them because they are DC fans and the H150i has an internal PWM controller, like nearly all AIO coolers. Your best bet in the short run in using the motherboard headers for control of the SP120-RGB. BIOS control options are not great, but if you motherboard has a direct 10K thermistor port and control, you can run that cheap little $5 wire to behind the H150i exhaust and use that value as the control temp. Exhaust temp from the radiator is generally equal to coolant temp.

Long range plan, any PWM fan will work from the H150i, however you will be limited to coolant temp and simple colors for the pump if you run without iCUE/Link in LINUX. That is certainly workable, but really not better than the above solution if you have a thermistor input on the motherboard.

Archived