Corsair Community

NFGx

I love my K95 Platinum but lately the keys are repeating. Random keys, from all over the keyboard, and they'll repeat until I tap them or any other key. It has never done this before, now it's happening a few times an hour.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a fix, something I can check?

Thanks for any advice.

I love my K95 Platinum but lately the keys are sticking. Random keys, from all over the keyboard, and they'll repeat until I tap them or any other key. It has never done this before, now it's happening a few times an hour.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a fix, something I can check?

Thanks for any advice.

Assuming nothing was spilled on the keyboard did you try cleaning it? Perhaps removing the keycaps and doing a good cleaning of it?

Barring anything physically from interfering I have not noticed the same issue on my K95 Platinum, though it is newer. I run 3.5.1 ish version of the ICUE software. What are you using? Perhaps a call to Corsair support would be in order.

Yesterday I tried two things: updated the CUE software to 3.6.109, and dropped the polling rate to 500ms. So far so good, but it's way too early to tell.

Thing is, the CUE software shouldn't be in the way of any reasonably designed keyboard, so if it's at fault I'll be very disappointed.

...In the same way that I'm disappointed I can't switch to normal mode when it's not running, actually. Every time my computer crashes (which ain't often) I can't boot to Windows without waiting for the 30 second timeout because the keyboard is, for all intents and purposes, dead to the world.

Ahem. That aside...

It's not a cleaning issue. It's never the same key twice, it's randomly occurring all over the keyboard, and it cancels itself when another key is pressed. All clues that lead away from a mechanical issue, I think.

"All clues that lead away from a mechanical issue, I think"

Not really. Or at all. Temp and humidity can do weird stuff too. As can the missus painting her nails in the vicinity and the reactive phenols from that depositing on everything within cooee.

When you press another key you induce a tiny vibration. Consider what you are proposing as the alternate, namely that there is 'a device or mechanism' that the software is able to trigger and cause random keys to stick down. Changing the software polling rate is A COINCIDENCE. You are sitting there, warming the thing up, rattling it, offering up bodily odors and the like. Some of this stuff will change the microcosm of the keys environment.

Only real q is exactly how to best clean the sucker. I would probably try working each key up and down a few times while holding it across to each side and see how you go then, should work - as long as the sticky stuff is on the stem not the bottom as then it will just 'tack on'.

This is basic logic, what you do with it, well...

Not really. Or at all. Temp and humidity can do weird stuff too. As can the missus painting her nails in the vicinity and the reactive phenols from that depositing on everything within cooee.

Still no problems since I changed a thing and made the problem stop. Total coincidence, maybe I also stopped the magic vapours too.

I'm very glad my problem appears to be solved - whether by luck or action I do not yet know. Time will tell.

If it happens again though I won't be blaming my wife's feet.

EDIT:

They're not PHYSICALLY STICKING. I see how you might have misread what I wrote, but geez. =/

• 10 months later...

Archived