Corsair Community

Hydrocool Mod

Flowman

:D: Hello everyone,

Well I Have had my hydro for about 10 months and was bummed to found out they stopped production. Anyway I have modded my hydro with all 3/8" tygon R-3603 tubing. The quick disconnect panel mounts and elbows on the back have been replaced with HIGH FLOW 3/8" from (US PLASTICS) You have to widen the mounting holes slightly with a dremel or what ever so they fit (very easy). The new water block is the ZALMAN WB2 GOLD. And to monitor flow I have replaced the cheap water restricting 1/4" indicator - and am using the ZALMAN 3/8" Flow indicator. (with metal ends). The sytem is working great and pumps almost 80% more water then using the standard 1/4" tubing and water block. To light the flow indicator so I can see it I am using a LASER LED (blue in color) which illuminates the green coolant great (it is mounted rite next to the clear view area on the flow indicator and is attached to the wires the original lite was attached to) . A standard thermal sensor attached to the side of the block gives almost exactly the same readings as the original did. I will load pics when I have time. - Steve

Great going Steve

one thing the LED what voltage are they?

HCX is 12v most leds take 3.3v-5v max you may have to add a resistor to bring down the voltage.

HELLO KAP !

Yes they do have resistors and there are three in series in a small plastic housing.

Steve

Flowman

to upload file it has to be in .jpg format for it work.

if you got 3x5v led's in series it will be fine for adds up to 15v.

-blk -led+,-led+,-led+ +red

or 2.2k 1/4watt omh's resistor /\/\/\/ per LED wired in series then gang paralle

-blk - /\/\/\/ led+ +red

-blk - /\/\/\/ led+ +red

-blk - /\/\/\/ led+ +red

Archived