Corsair Community

Profile returns to the default if the software window is not active

ArthurFiNCH

Hello

Problem with keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB PLATINUM

I have recorded an amateur film showing my problem, but I will try to describe it again here.

A dedicated profile change button does not work if the icue software window is not active.

Even if I select the profile manually and minimize the program, the profile will be restored to the default.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l239ex0B8EU[/ame]

If you know any fix for this, please send it below.

You only have one software profile (default) so there is nothing to switch to. The HW1-2-3 profiles are saved to the device and appear in CUE so you can modify them. However, when the software is active the profile change button will cycle between all profiles. Because you only have the one software profile, it keeps going back to your one profile. The top profile on the list is the "default" profile. There is nothing special about the name. If you want the three HW profile in control, quit CUE. Probably a better idea is to make the software profiles you want to use and stick the primary at the top of the list. The keyboard profile button will then shift between those with the CUE window closed.

You want to say that in the software I can edit profiles, import them into the keyboard memory, but if I want to switch between them, I should close CUE?

If yes i already try this and it's not working at all, only one static profile.\

" Probably a better idea is to make the software profiles you want to use and stick the primary at the top of the list. "

I tried also this and if i create profile in software it working well, i can switch between them but if i creating profile on one of three profiles in keyboard memory there is no way to change between them even if i close CUE.

There is no way to switch between profiles from CUE&KeyboardMem with CUE turned on?

• 6 months later...
When i set my profiles up i did not set a default. It did keep going to another profile on its own when I clicked off of the window. I just figured out that I had 4 profiles 3 of which is linked to a program.. One was not linked so every time i clicked on the desktop it would go to the non linked one. I just removed all of the links and that solved it for me..

When i set my profiles up i did not set a default. It did keep going to another profile on its own when I clicked off of the window. I just figured out that I had 4 profiles 3 of which is linked to a program.. One was not linked so every time i clicked on the desktop it would go to the non linked one. I just removed all of the links and that solved it for me..

Correct. Linked profiles are not counted in the scroll list and are reserved for the program they are linked to. If you put a linked profile on the top of your list, it will skip over it to the next non-linked one. Rather than an obstacle, this is meant to be to your advantage. You also can duplicate profiles with one click in case you want it as a linked profile and in your shuffle list.

Archived