Corsair Community

scimitar only light up red

NOWIS

I am a new pc owner and I just bought a scimitar mouse about a week ago and was able to edit lighting effects in the RGB zones as desired (I have saved these edits.) Now once my computer boots up all of the zones change to red and I cannot change the zones (except the DPI indicating light.) The mouse will light up to the saved effects for a brief second then change to red. I cannot figure this issue out and from my research I have not found any post on this topic. Here is a list of things that I have done:

-verified firmware updates for mouse, keyboard (k70) and cue

-deleted saved lighting effects and re-programmed back to what I had prior

-reset mouse (unplugged and plugged back in holding down left and right mouse click buttons)

-tried a different USB port

-reset computer (has worked in the past but now, no dice)

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Edited by NOWIS

• 2 months later...

Thank you for posting this! Too bad there's no reply as of yet from Corsair. I'm having an similar issue that started recently. I've been using the Scimitar mouse for a couple of years with no issues but now whenever I start a program all the lighting effects turn red and I'm unable to change them back, even when adjusting the lighting settings in CUE.

This appears to be a software issue with CUE.

When I close CUE the mouse reverts back to the factory default lighting scheme. Restarting CUE and selecting a profile will implement the correct lighting but once another program starts the lights will all turn red again and the problem persists. I've also tried the steps mentioned above to no avail. Programs I've run when I've noticed this issue are Diablo 3, World of Warcraft, Flash CS3, Minecraft, and Photoshop CS4. When running Diablo, WoW, and Minecraft the lighting configuration doesn't change when the launcher is open, only once the actual games begin running. When I just start my computer and I'm on my desktop with no programs running I can change lighting effects and the effects seem to persist until a program starts.

• Corsair Employee
I am a new pc owner and I just bought a scimitar mouse about a week ago and was able to edit lighting effects in the RGB zones as desired (I have saved these edits.) Now once my computer boots up all of the zones change to red and I cannot change the zones (except the DPI indicating light.) The mouse will light up to the saved effects for a brief second then change to red. I cannot figure this issue out and from my research I have not found any post on this topic. Here is a list of things that I have done:

-verified firmware updates for mouse, keyboard (k70) and cue

-deleted saved lighting effects and re-programmed back to what I had prior

-reset mouse (unplugged and plugged back in holding down left and right mouse click buttons)

-tried a different USB port

-reset computer (has worked in the past but now, no dice)

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Are you still having this issue with the latest version of CUE/ iCUE? Can you let me know what firmware version the mouse is on and if it's the scimitar pro itself?

Thank you for posting this! Too bad there's no reply as of yet from Corsair. I'm having an similar issue that started recently. I've been using the Scimitar mouse for a couple of years with no issues but now whenever I start a program all the lighting effects turn red and I'm unable to change them back, even when adjusting the lighting settings in CUE.

This appears to be a software issue with CUE.

When I close CUE the mouse reverts back to the factory default lighting scheme. Restarting CUE and selecting a profile will implement the correct lighting but once another program starts the lights will all turn red again and the problem persists. I've also tried the steps mentioned above to no avail. Programs I've run when I've noticed this issue are Diablo 3, World of Warcraft, Flash CS3, Minecraft, and Photoshop CS4. When running Diablo, WoW, and Minecraft the lighting configuration doesn't change when the launcher is open, only once the actual games begin running. When I just start my computer and I'm on my desktop with no programs running I can change lighting effects and the effects seem to persist until a program starts.

Correct, if you close the application the lights will revert back to default because the lighting effects are controlled via the software. Unless you have the pro model and have set up lighting effects within the hardware profiles themselves.

• 11 months later...