Corsair Community

Temperature sensor suitable for Koolance CPU-300?

adslegend

I replaced the HC block with a Koolance CPU-300 so fitting to my A64 was easier, however I now want a replacement temperature sensor that is calibrated for this block. Can anyone link me please or point me in the right direction? :o:

[Edit] Well I found the part on Koolance's site $3.99 but they wanna charge me $50 to ship it to UK from Koolance Direct!

Got it from frozencpu.com for $18 shipped :D:

I replaced the HC block with a Koolance CPU-300 so fitting to my A64 was easier, however I now want a replacement temperature sensor that is calibrated for this block. Can anyone link me please or point me in the right direction? :o:

[Edit] Well I found the part on Koolance's site $3.99 but they wanna charge me $50 to ship it to UK from Koolance Direct!

Got it from frozencpu.com for $18 shipped :D:

The sensor needs to be calibrated for the HC unit not the water block. The sensor you are getting from frozrncpu.com is for a Koolance system and my guess is that it is not the same one used in the hc which means that your temp reading on the hc display is not going to be accurate. I remember seeing a thread on this forum from steve or cool guy stating which sensor is the correct one for the hc. Here in the US, it can be found at Radio Shack I believe. So just keep in mind that the sensor you are getting from frozencpu.com is probably going to skew your temp readings on the hc by a couple of degrees.

The sensor needs to be calibrated for the HC unit not the water block. The sensor you are getting from frozrncpu.com is for a Koolance system and my guess is that it is not the same one used in the hc which means that your temp reading on the hc display is not going to be accurate. I remember seeing a thread on this forum from steve or cool guy stating which sensor is the correct one for the hc. Here in the US, it can be found at Radio Shack I believe. So just keep in mind that the sensor you are getting from frozencpu.com is probably going to skew your temp readings on the hc by a couple of degrees.

Ok, however I'm sure I dug a thread up here too saying the Koolance sensor was good for the HC. Any temp reading has to be better than the whack ones on my K8N Neo2 too :cool:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/v2/showthread.php?t=27742&highlight=koolance+probe

I don't know if Bio-Hazard said it was the right one as such.

Archived