Corsair Community

Corsair LL120 RGB x3 Issues

blastro

Hi, today I just got my new RGB fans, they are great but one of them is not lighting up properly, only half of the LEDS are on, I was wondering if this is because of software issue or its really a faulty fan.

The problem: [ame]

[/ame]

Things I did to try fix the issue:

- Switching the connecters on the hub.

- On Corsair LINK added an extra fan and still the last fan did not work properly.

- Replacing SATA power

- Downgraded firmware, still only half of the LEDS light up on that FAN.

- Rebooted (lol)

- Switched the Lighting Node Pro cable.

Nothing worked out, I am sending them back on monday, just wondering if this is a common thing?

Try swapping the RGB cable on from the dodgy fan to another port... see what happens?

if the problem moves with that Fan.. then you know its a faulty Fan. You may Find the Fans in the ports after that one may not light up correctly if at all..

Edit

Just saw You did that. Doh.. my bad... did the problem move with the fan?

As for common problem. No not really..

A few of us have helped many people with LINK and/or Fan etc configuration and would say very few of them involve faulty fans.. usually a software issue...

Me personally.. had my LL fans since day of release and had no issues and know of a fair few people who have also had no issues...

Rare someone that is happy with a purchase joins a forum to say how happy they are. but many will come to complain which is prob a very small number in a very big picture, meaning you can't really judge a products success from somewhere like here.

Hope this helps duder...

Try swapping the RGB cable on from the dodgy fan to another port... see what happens?

if the problem moves with that Fan.. then you know its a faulty Fan. You may Find the Fans in the ports after that one may not light up correctly if at all..

Yup, did that and the others dont work after this one fan, and also still half of the leds are light up, so faulty fan?

just saw you did that. doh.. my bad... did the problem move with the fan?

as for common problem. no not really..

A few of us have helped many people with LINK and/or Fan etc configuration and would say very few of them involve faulty fans.. usually a software issue...

Me personally.. had my LL fans since day of release and had no issues and know of a fair few people who have also had no issues...

Rare someone that is happy with a purchase joins a forum to say how happy they are. but many will come to complain which is prob a very small number in a very big picture, meaning you can't really judge a products success from somewhere like here.

Hope this helps duder...

You are right, but when you ask alot of money you need to make sure your product doesnt have failures like this, so I was wondering if this was common issue because after I get refunded, I will order them again, hope I get everything good this time.

Thanks for the help!

You are right, but when you ask alot of money you need to make sure your product doesnt have failures like this, so I was wondering if this was common issue because after I get refunded, I will order them again, hope I get everything good this time.

Thanks for the help!

Nothing is perfect all of the time bud... you just got unlucky.... ;).. contact support. you may not have to send all 3 back,, if any at all.. send photos and video if possible & a link to this thread ;)

Nothing is perfect all of the time bud... you just got unlucky.... ;).. contact support. you may not have to send all 3 back,, if any at all.. send photos and video if possible & a link to this thread ;)

You are right nothing is perfect thats why I give my second chance and get a new pair, I ordered them from amazon so maybe I will not get any help if I contact support here.

I give my second chance and get a new pair,

Good Man! :D: That's the Spirit :biggrin:

I ordered them from amazon so maybe I will not get any help if I contact support here.

I Believe that if You provide proof of purchase and photo/video evidence and indeed a link to this thread to Corsair they will simply send you another new fan......

Maybe an Admin will help out here?

Hi, I'm a bit late here, but I'm pretty sure this isn't a defective fan, but a software issue. The fan itself is probably fine. RMA'ing would be a waste of time.

(Skip to 7:14 in the video for the part that's relevant to your issue.)

[ame]

[/ame]

Hi, I'm a bit late here, but I'm pretty sure this isn't a defective fan, but a software issue. The fan itself is probably fine. RMA'ing would be a waste of time.

Hi bud.. we cancelled out software by the problem staying with the same fan in a different port... and that when in port 3 it's just that fan and when in port 1 still that fan but fans in 2 and 3 no longer light up. Classic faulty fan Imho...

which I would say was the same for BitWit in that video..

He referred to not being keen on previous versions of link due to how buggy it was mainly......

Good Man! :D: That's the Spirit :biggrin:

I Believe that if You provide proof of purchase and photo/video evidence and indeed a link to this thread to Corsair they will simply send you another new fan......

Maybe an Admin will help out here?

Openned a ticket and hoping for the best ! :sigh!:

• 7 months later...

Just for the update: I actually sent the fans back to Amazon, but Corsair did indeed accept my request to take the faulty fan, but since I had refund available from amazon, might aswell replace all the parts. So thumbs up for Corsair :):

Bought 6xLL120 and all of them working good, only think I would ask is to save the profile when you reboot your computer instead of getting the default rainbow color, has I have macOS installed on this computer and I cant change it via software and so I have to keep the default rainbow when using macOS

Archived