Corsair Community

H75 not transferring heat?

BouOfficial

CPU is running at 100c. i5 7600k

My CPU cooler is Corsair H75 all in one liquid cooling. The pump connected to CPU Fan is showing that the pump is rotating at 57xx rpm. The fan on the rad is blowing cool air. I checked if the thermal paste needs changing but it doesn’t seem the case. Unfortunately I don’t have any spare fans or coolers to test if it would make a difference with another cooler. Could it possibly be that there is no liquid flowing through the tubes? Could it have evaporated?

It would be quite something for all the liquid to evaporate from a cooler. Without liquid, the pump would be very loud and odd in tone, and likely spin over its normal maximum. Your reported pump speed does seem too high, but I think you would notice the other two signs. The unit it would be too light and you should always be able to tell there is liquid in there with a good shake or two. Too much sloshing around might indicate it is low, but this is not a common issue.

The thermal paste was spread evenly? No large amounts left over? Does the temperature change when you press down on the pump head?

Archived