Corsair Community

Using SIV to control H80i V2

boeing253

I am starting to wonder if the H80iV2 is getting the constant +12 volts that it needs. How is the CPU_FAN header setup in the BIOS? Can you post a screen shot of the CPU_FAN header BIOS setup.

I am also wondering if there could be any other problem utilities, so please post Menu->Help->Lock Usage + Menu->Windows->Processes. You may need to post multiple screen shots if there are too many to fit on one screen.

BTW I don't think Realtemp is likely to be the cause of you H80iV2 issues as I don't think it reports or interacts with it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also red-ray I didn't think this would matter but when the computer shop installed my H80iV2 they tied the fan connection cables so tight, and when I had to remove a fan I knicked the fan cable a little with the scissors, which took a tiny chip of black caseing off the cable. You can't see any actual wire showing its just a little bit of white showing.

Not sure if that would cause this issue. It was on one of the fan cables I believe.

I will re-install Realtemp and take those screenshots tonight.

Is it inside SIV that I look at the windows processes.

I'll be home soon to have a look at my BIOS settings.

I do believe the CPU_FAN control is set to "Disabled". I'm wondering if it should be set to "PWM"?

I've attached an image of what my Motherboard Manual says about the CPU Fan control.

Just FYI I have taken this screenshot of the manual on my phone so wasn't able to change the name of it.

Screenshot_2017-07-18-20-25-24.thumb.png.988c664278fd856093301ab0b299cd89.png

Just FYI I have taken this screenshot of the manual on my phone so wasn't able to change the name of it.

Please post the screen shots I asked for. Once I see them I can sensibly comment, but at the moment I could only guess.

I have also come across situations where the actual BIOS screen is different to what is in the manual.

Is http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/MAXIMUS-VII-RANGER/e8988_maximus_vii_ranger_for_web_only.pdf your motherboard manual?

Apologies, here you go.

Again an I/O Error Message:

"@ 00:07:56.174 seq 6A 5 = CreateFile( \\?\usb#vid_1b1c&pid_0c08#7289_2.0#{3c5e1462-5695-4e18-876b-f3f3d08aaf18} ) Access is denied."

On a side note the Pump CPU_FAN connector is only a 3 pin connected to a 4 pin Fan header???

49162979_sivcoolingstatus.thumb.png.d791a9caf83996db0c26fa42c3f28330.png

1059352722_SIVLinkTest(FrozenCooler).png.fe818af6873d7d3bf57b90dd76ea82ee.png

attachment.php?attachmentid=30267&d=1500379961

1. The H80iV2 sample counts are too low, but as things have gone wonky I can't deduce anything.
  2. I was hoping to see what [Cooling Status] reported when all was working sort of OK.
  3. You had issues before you ever started using SIV and I suspect your issues are not down to issues within SIV.
  4. I think the issues must be down to H80iV2 hardware issues or +12 volt supply issues.
  5. I must have spent hours trying to help you.
  6. I have been asking you to run [Link Test] for the past few days and thus far you have not.
  7. You keep forgetting to post the screen shots I ask for.
  8. If I could do some checks on your system myself this would save so much time.
  9. Have you ever used https://www.teamviewer.com/en/?

1. The H80iV2 sample counts are too low, but as things have gone wonky I can't deduce anything.
  2. I was hoping to see what [Cooling Status] reported when all was working sort of OK.
  3. You had issues before you ever started using SIV and I suspect your issues are not down to issues within SIV.
  4. I think the issues must be down to H80iV2 hardware issues or +12 volt supply issues.
  5. I must have spent hours trying to help you.
  6. I have been asking you to run [Link Test] for the past few days and thus far you have not.
  7. You keep forgetting to post the screen shots I ask for.
  8. If I could do some checks on your system myself this would save so much time.
  9. Have you ever used https://www.teamviewer.com/en/?

Red-Ray I've just downloaded Teamviewer, lets get this cooler sorted

attachment.php?attachmentid=30261&d=1500377829

1. The BIOS and Manual say different things :bigeyes:.
  2. I can only guess at what Disabled actually does.
  3. I suspect selecting PWM mode is more likely to provide the H80iV2 with the constant +12 volts it needs as in PWM mode pin-2 always get's a constant +12 volts.
  4. For good measure also set the CPU_FAN to full speed on Q-Fan tuning.
  5. If you ever update the BIOS you will probably need to do this again.
  6. You could make these changes and hope or I could do some checks first and see if I think they are needed.
  7. To setup TV access it's best to use Skype, do you have Skype and if so I will PM you my Skype name.

1. The BIOS and Manual say different things :bigeyes:.
  2. I can only guess at what Disabled actually does.
  3. I suspect selecting PWM mode is more likely to provide the H80iV2 with the constant +12 volts it needs as in PWM mode pin-2 always get's a constant +12 volts.
  4. For good measure also set the CPU_FAN to full speed on Q-Fan tuning.
  5. You could make these changes and hope or I could do some checks first and see if I think they are needed.
  6. To setup TV access it's best to use Skype, do you have Skype and if so I will PM you my Skype name.

Hi Red-Ray, yes I have skype installed. I wont do anything in the BIOS until I've got you on Skype.

Ray, thank you for assisting me on my PC this evening.

I have gone into the BIOS & managed to set the CPU_FAN to "PWM", I set the fan speed to Turbo and set the low fan speed limit to 600 rpm (there was an option for to Ignore the low speed limit).

I wasn't able to set the CPU_FAN to full speed in the Q Fan Tunning as it kept defaulting the fan setting to disabled on Q Fan page to disabled not PWM.

Ray, thank you for assisting me on my PC this evening.

Thank you for making this possible.

I expect provided PWM mode is selected it doesn't really matter.

Do you usually leave your PC powered on? If so it would be worth leaving SIV running while you are at work and then checking/posting [Cooling Status] when you get back.

No problem Ray & thank you for the countless hours you have spent with me.

I'm off work for the next 2 days from tomorrow ( currently Wednesday morning here). I would rather test "Cooling Status" whilst I'm home if anything goes wonky.

Unfortunately for whatever reason that screenshot I took off the Cooling Status showing the low sample rates which was indicitive of a 12v power supply issue did not save :(:(:(.

We both know what to look for so no screen shot is no big deal.

I'm off work for the next 2 days from tomorrow ( currently Wednesday morning here). I would rather test "Cooling Status" whilst I'm home if anything goes wonky.

OK, ideally do as follows:

1. Exit SIV
  2. Run SIV
  3. Check the [Cooling Status] samples are OK after 5 minutes.
  4. Run [Link Test] with a Test Limit on 1,000,000 and post the final screen shot.
  5. Check the [Cooling Status] samples are OK.
  6. It strange things happen post screen shots.

I know you would rather run the Flight Simulator, but if things go wonky while running it then this does not really help in finding the root cause of the issue.

We both know what to look for so no screen shot is no big deal.

OK, ideally do as follows:

1. Exit SIV
  2. Run SIV
  3. Check the [Cooling Status] samples are OK after 5 minutes.
  4. Run [Link Test] with a Test Limit on 1,000,000 and post the final screen shot.
  5. Check the [Cooling Status] samples are OK.
  6. It strange things happen post screen shots.

I know you would rather run the Flight Simulator, but if things go wonky while running it then this does not really help in finding the root cause of the issue.

Yup happy to do that Ray no problems.

I might actually do that this morning.

Tell me are there any "cool it" coolers left on the market?is the H110i a coolit or asetek pump?

• 2 weeks later...

Well......I'm one very happy person. I can now confirm my H80i V2 freezing issue has been resolved after many hours of help from Red-Ray.

Some issues to mention relating to the problem was the following:

1) CPUID HWmonitor failing to use the Global\CorsairLinkReadWriteGuardMutex lock.

2) The CPU_FAN header needing to be set to "PWM" mode to provide the constant +12V of power.

A very big thank you goes to Red-Ray as without his support I would have still been struggling with a freezing cooler, and I'm getting used to using the SIV software, a brilliant piece of software.

Red-Ray please see 3 screenshots attached from Start of Flight Sim, Middle of the Flight and then at the end of the Flight.

Many Thanks,

1395540388_CoolingStatus-StartofFlightSim.png.4eec6f695d76febc9f2db5627287dbb6.png

507997966_CoolingStatus-MidwayThroughFlightSim.png.7b81211d232f2202cf07eb330f113d5f.png

1113595460_CoolingStatus-EndofFlight.png.2ac880ea875dfbe307114fb9679a7363.png

attachment.php?attachmentid=30433&d=1501211693

1) CPUID HWmonitor failing to use the Global\CorsairLinkReadWriteGuardMutex lock :(:.

2) The CPU_FAN header needing to be set to "PWM" mode to provide the constant +12V of power.

1. Thank you for confirming your issues are resolved and when there turns out to be two different issues it often takes well over twice as long to figure out what is going on.
  2. All the H100iV2 sample counts are the same (1,780) as I would expect and your cooler control issues should be resolved.
  3. I suspect finding the CPUID HWM issue a few months ago would have taken rather longer, but now that SIV has Menu->Help->Lock Handle spotting such issues is far easier.

Archived