Corsair Community

De-Lidding the 7700K?

zguy85

Using Prime 95 and ASUS RealBench I'm maxing at 82C from 92C (Originally) after running Prime 95 for 4 hours strait and ASUS RealBench for 30 minutes. My tests were done at a room temperature of 74F or about 24C. you can achieve even better results if you can evenly grind down the top half of the IHS by another 4-5C, but I don't have the equipment to easily do so, I rather not. Some are finding ways to attach the Cooler right on top the Chip Die itself. I do not recommend this nor have the equipment to do so, but I imagine you could achieve 20C if not more drops on stress tests if successfully accomplished.

3-4 difference at times can be normal. if you have 77 on one and 85 on another this is not good. I would absolutely redo your cooler to IHS mount, it's probably not even. I did have that problem when I used Hydronaut, then I used conductonaut and I'm 2-3C and very rarely 4C max difference at times.

Just an update The One is in Thailand running test, so far using the corsair stress utility for cpu is a long test so far 20 percent of the test I'm at max 93 c in one core # 0 and 96 c on Package other wise going around 74c 86 c in general

Haven't done any updates at all

I did run Heaven Bench will post score tomorrow, but I must say I don't have my Monitor yet I'm using my tv screen wish is huge so resolution is lower

thanks Corsair I'm so far happy costumer even do that I found very strange no to find a single users manual what so ever on the carton or on the web, Ok I can manage but I'm sure there will be users who don't!

What's your room temperature?

@zguy always happy to read you !!!:sunglasse:biggrin::D:

I'm wafting for the room temperature to arrive from usa, but lets put it like this

my One is siting on the living room with roof fans on out side temperature is between 30 to 36c I guess I'm around 30 c

cpu idle 50 c is been on all night as I'm downloading DOOM 3 it takes ages my high speed fiber line will be installed in a week or so, so not to fast for the time been.

ONE Important question :

I notice when putting the one to sleep the lights go off after few minutes and if I want to wake him up I need to clik on the power button!!!

For the rest saved a pre Order in Amazon wish is a M2 ssd from Corsair 8ty something usa the small one and I want to order a Monitor if you happened to be able to recommend me a Monitor be great, It must be no more then 500 usa as I have to pay for shipping and 7 percent tax ty

I will like to go for a trip dawn south as I have some Chinesse friends visiting and will love to tke them around, so I may be with out th ONE leaving Thursday for 6 days

Is this normal?

Yes, as far as I know only way to wake up is hitting the power button. My previous laptop all I had to do was hit the keyboard or move the mouse. I checked the hardware profiles of my keyboard and mouse and both are showing enabled to wake computer if in sleep. Maybee a bug to be fixed in the Corsair Link?

I guess we have to make a sticky with all the Issues and things that need to be done, hope Corsair is reading us

I have another issue, I notice my monitor goes Black for few seconds and then comes back yesterdays was ding it more often HOPE is nothing serious cause I dont want to send this Nasty boy back to Amazon all the way from Thailand!!!!

today he did it 2 times, then I see it lost connection to HMDI and few minutes after he connects again

And I have a unknown device in Device manager >>>other devise there is an interrogation and >> CDP Proximal Transport

I would try downloading the latest drivers from NVidia and perform a clean install.

I do not have any unknown devices showing on my end. It might be one of your peripherals plugged in. I would take off some of them and try rebooting to see if you have the same issue. That's a great place to start. Sorry your experience has been hindered for the moment. I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this.

Any updates?

Well thank you @Zguy will do all that on my way back as today is last day have to close both houses , tks God they are in front of each other and get things ready for departing tomorrow first time in the morning for a 5 to 6 days trip !

This devise error it can be as u said or it may came when I try to send a picture trough my phone to the pc by Bluetooth and had trouble inputting the codes I found one article about that on the net who knows will try everything ones I have time.

HOW MANY ERRORS YO GUYS HAVE ON THE EVENT MANAGER?

Me so far I found 1 Critical error and a bunch of no critical

Is so frustrating finding Error's in th Event Manager when we just acquire a brand new system!

But that is Windows I hade it for that, because they show you having a bunch of errors and they dont show you how to fix them and you can spend your entire life on the net trying to fix them so you have no errors what so ever with must of the time end up living with them.

From all the PC that I had on my semi old life I have always found errors WISH WINDOWS BE SMART ENOUGH TO SOLVE THOSE ERRORS BY IT SELF

MICROSOFT ARE YOU LISENING ? lllolll

Hi solrac13, you need to enable "Resume by USB" option in BIOS that you can wake up your Corsair One via USB KB/Mouse.

About monitor goes Black, you can try another one high-quality HDMI cable or attach your HDMI connetor to another HDMI port on Corsair One(ex. front HDMI port),

I think maybe bad connection causes this problem.

@Zephko

I really indeed appreciate your value information !!!

So to wake up the ONE we all must go to Bios and enable "Resume by USB" option !!!

Great finding you save me from reposting help from Corsair after service professional team.

I wish here in this forum there will be one courage enough to create a stiky on all the things that can be done or should be done in order to run this ONE correctly!

Unfortunately that one could not be me as my English is indeed very poor

Thank you very much with all my best regards to you and love ones

@Zephko

Hello me again

Im in Bios MSI in order to get to Bios we must pres DELL key, ones I'm thre I dont see the Usb (this MSI bios is all new to me I'm use to old fashion bios are u sure msi has that option?

( enable "Resume by USB" option in BIOS that you can wake up your Corsair One via USB KB/Mouse.)

@Zephko

Thanks very much I finally manage to do it

The main problem was and is , my tv screen in house #1 has a very low resolution and I can do nothing while using that screen with Bios

My guest just left so I decided to give it a try and move the ONE to house #2, wish is just in front of #1 and there I have a brand new huge tv screen and all worked perfect and finally did the Bios set up in order to wake him up with a wireless keyboard

Thanks and br

So any new results to post from those of you who performed a De-Lid? What has everyone got there temps down to and from what originally? What was the room temperature with what software? How long did you stress for? What TIM did you use for De-Lid and then cooler?

I got my 7700K down from 93C (Originally) to 83C (Woot Woot!) with a room temperature of 24C or 74F using Prime 95 with a 4 hour stress test, and ASUS RealBench for 30 minute stress test, both had same results. I used Thermal Grizzlys Conductonaut for both De-Lid and for reattaching cooler. 10C difference =) Happy with that.

Any ideas how to get any lower without disabling processor features?

• 2 months later...
So any new results to post from those of you who performed a De-Lid? What has everyone got there temps down to and from what originally? What was the room temperature with what software? How long did you stress for? What TIM did you use for De-Lid and then cooler?

I got my 7700K down from 93C (Originally) to 83C (Woot Woot!) with a room temperature of 24C or 74F using Prime 95 with a 4 hour stress test, and ASUS RealBench for 30 minute stress test, both had same results. I used Thermal Grizzlys Conductonaut for both De-Lid and for reattaching cooler. 10C difference =) Happy with that.

Any ideas how to get any lower without disabling processor features?

Hey zguy, I should be getting my corsair one today and I think de-lidding will be one of my first mods. I'm currently running a delidded i5 6600K in my current desktop with a moderate overclock of 4.6ghz and a custom watercooled loop and its running cool as a cucumber at around 65c using OCCT for 12 hours. Reducing system temps is definitely something that I'll be concentrating on initially when it arrives.

I may even swap out the 7700K for the 6600K and see how it performs. The lower temps might be worth the negligible performance drop while gaming.

One question for you, have you overclocked your cpu? if not have you tried under volting your cpu to reduce temps?

Boonstick, no I have not tried under volting the CPU. I honestly was just interested in lowering temperatures and testing as it comes stock from Corsair. If you or anyone has any SOLID recommendations for OC settings please let me know I would be interested for sure.

Archived