Corsair Community

Discuss Link v4.7.0.77 here

Technobeard

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a AMD Ryzen 1800x with a Asus x370-Pro..

Why does "CPU Package" show ~ 20°C higher than AMD Ryzen Master ??

Will there be a fix for that ?

Because AMD Ryzen Master does the adjustment and CL 4.7.0.77 does not, see https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/03/13/amd-ryzen-community-update

I advise you for to hold your breath for a "fix"

I have a suggestion for the CL4 programmers, if CL4 starts up automatically with Windows, the program should check if there was an abnormal shut of the system and if so, ask if CL4 should be started.

It can be quite problem if CL4 causes the system to shut down for whatever reason and then continues to do the same on every re-boot. I know you can try to start up in safe mode, but sometimes that is easier said than done. :bigeyes:

It can be quite problem if CL4 causes the system to shut down for whatever reason and then continues to do the same on every re-boot. I know you can try to start up in safe mode, but sometimes that is easier said than done. :bigeyes:

I know as the same happened to me when I ran CL4 on one of the W10 x32 RS2 insider builds, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=896126.

That system happened to be Dual Boot, so I booted into one of the other systems and deleted C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4\cpuidsdk.dll as I suspected this was what caused the BSOD, it was :biggrin:.

What I do on many of my single boot systems is BCDEDIT /copy {current} /d "Windows XX x64 VXX.XX Build XXXXX XXX C:\Windows (ALT)" so I get a prompt and can easily change the boot mode.

Well, I finally got some more things to show in my new Corsair Link update but perhaps somebody might be able to explain what I have here circled in red?

Is anyone else having this issue? I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the o/s (Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit)

1145833678_CORSAIRLINKJINX.thumb.png.cb300c5b43718cdf6b4a9d98815a40b1.png

Well, I finally got some more things to show in my new Corsair Link update but perhaps somebody might be able to explain what I have here circled in red?

Is anyone else having this issue? I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the o/s (Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit)

Are you running any other software that is reporting your DIMM temperatures and if so what? Do you always get exactly the same effect or does it vary slightly?

I wonder if it might be the CL4 GUI causing issues for the CL4 service. What happens if:

1. You totally closedown CL4
  2. from an admin command window issue the sc start CLink4Service command
  3. wait 40 seconds
  4. run CL4
  5. post the resulting CL4 [Home] tab

To be honest I didn't even notice that. System Information is registering a full 128 GB of RAM so i'm not sure what the problem is. Perhaps I need to reseat the RAM? Would this by any chance cause the rather odd reading I'm getting where I think the Commander Mini should be showing? Admittedly, I was getting different characters (that were equally mysterious) in that slot after reinstalling the Link d-load.

Here's what cmd gave me.

1955562607_commandermini-0.thumb.png.b5173c187e17e0ace1f2ab44d05afb41.png

Did I shut it down correctly? I'm not sure.

How technical/good with computers are you? I need to know how much I can ask of you.

OK, you started the service, but then I asked you to start CL4 40 seconds later and post the GUI screen shot, but you did not do this, please will you?

I'm not an IT if this is what you're asking. I'm merely an enthusiast. On rebooting I lost a couple of windows in the Link. If you would be so kind to instruct me on how to post a screen shot of the Graphical User Interface you are asking for I would be happy to oblige. Here is what I'm getting now.

I also noticed that my WEI dropped a point but that is probably a result of the reinstall.

824426786_afterreboot.thumb.png.4941cd6cd81340c112189ae28ea1cb81.png

I'm not an IT if this is what you're asking. I'm merely an enthusiast.

Thank you, you managed to open an admin command windows which is more then some manage :biggrin:

I think I have figured out what the root cause of the issue you have with CL 4.7.0.77 is and am hoping you will do exactly as below to confirm this.

1. totally closedown CL4
  3. wait 40 seconds
  4. start Corsair Link as you would usually do
  5. wait 40 seconds
  6. take a screen shot of the CL4 [Home] tab and post it
  7. I suspect this screen shot will display all the hardware as it should, but maybe starting with Core #2 rather than #1.

If I am correct then there is not a lot you will be able to do to get CL 4.7.0.77 to operate as it should other than doing as above.

Okay. I will do that after sharing this missive. I'm running a triple boot o/s and decided to have a look at what might be happening on the flip side (Win 8.1 - Linux doesn't apply here) . I noticed that I still have only 7 RAM temps registering so it's starting to look like my RAM needs to be re-seated regardless of what System Information is telling me. I will try those steps again here, on the Win 8.1 side of the board and see if I get the same result I had on the flip-side. Incidentally, I did notice that a separate "temp 1" showed up apart from the other seven in it's own category on the Win 7 side prior to a reboot. As you can see the Windows on the Win 7 side of things disappeared altogether after the reboot bringing me right back where I began after the original download and install. Anyway... Here's the Win 8.1 side of things. I suppose I should mention that this side uses ASUS SUITE 3. I'm trusting this isn't generating a conflict.

420211213_WIN8.1-REBOOTLINK.thumb.png.1115ca4017c16dcf84ca74481d057486.png

As I suspected things work better when you don't start both the CL4 Service and CL4 GUI at the same time. I need to talk with Corsair about this, is Monday a Holiday is the US?

I suppose I should mention that this side uses ASUS SUITE 3. I'm trusting this isn't generating a conflict.

I feel running ASUS AI Suite :(: and any other monitoring software is a lot like playing Russian Roulette, I know many do this but as the developer of SIV I feel that are asking for trouble, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141037

As for the DIMMs I am not sure and need more information.

Ideally you would close down both CL4 + ASUS AI Suite, run my SIV utility, generate save files as I asked in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=788225 using [Minimal] to select the sections. Then ZIP and post the two files.

Okay, so I totally closed down the ap on Win 8.1 (see: msconfig pic) and this is what it gave me. If there is another way for me to totally close down CL4 please let me know how to do this. And thank you for your patience. :o:

I'm looking at the SIV utility right now and it looks to be a bit of work. I'm not so certain I want to put that on my system to be honest, but I thank you again for your help. I'll fiddle with it some more on the Windows 7 side and perhaps later I'll try re-seating my RAM as this is a huge PC and it's a bit of work to move it to a table where I can work on it physically. Thanks again.

I'm looking at the SIV utility right now and it looks to be a bit of work. I'm not so certain I want to put that on my system to be honest, but I thank you again for your help.

OK, you can always change your mind. It would take me about 30 seconds to generate the two save files once I had extracted the files from siv.zip into C:\Program Files\SIV\.

1. Version v4.7.0.77

2. Windows 7 Professional 64 Bits

3. Program crashes.

4. I've updated to the most current version. Now when I start the computer or run the CorsairLink program it crashes. The program apparently starts loading normally and when it starts loading the Home tabs, Configure, Profile, Options, Graphing it crashes.

5. https://imageshack.com/i/pmlec3Qpj

1328498715_Imagem28-05-17.thumb.JPG.2b38caa4e5468e3355e290f9d8ed01f1.JPG

Try after deleting C:\ProgramData\CLink4\*.config and see it does any better

I deleted C:\ProgramData\CLink4\*.config but the program continue crashing. Also after that, I reinstalled the CorsairLink but again, no sucess.

Is there any way I can go back to the previous version? That version did not give me any trouble.

See the attached logs below.

Client_Error.log

Client_Trace.log

Service_Trace.log

As I suspected things work better when you don't start both the CL4 Service and CL4 GUI at the same time.

Correct. I'm having that issue.

I'm gonna try to set the service to start automatically instead of manually and see if that helps. I think that might work if the service loads fast enough during start up.

EDIT: It works, every time. So if anyone is having this issue, here's the steps I took to solve it.

1. Run 'services.msc'.
  2. Locate the 'Corsair LINK 4' service and double click on it.
  3. Change start method from 'Manual' to 'Automatic'.
  4. Done! Reboot and see if it works for you too. :)

Thank you, you managed to open an admin command windows which is more then some manage :biggrin:

I think I have figured out what the root cause of the issue you have with CL 4.7.0.77 is and am hoping you will do exactly as below to confirm this.

1. totally closedown CL4
  3. wait 40 seconds
  4. start Corsair Link as you would usually do
  5. wait 40 seconds
  6. take a screen shot of the CL4 [Home] tab and post it
  7. I suspect this screen shot will display all the hardware as it should, but maybe starting with Core #2 rather then #1.

If I am correct then there is not a lot you will be able to do to get CL 4.7.0.77 to operate as it should other than doing as above.

It works ! How to do to turn on not manually, but automatically?

It works ! How to do to turn on not manually, but automatically?

I am pleased to hear my incantation "made CL4 work" for you.

I can think of many ways to do this, but as I don't use CL4 control my CL hardware have not implemented any of them. I would be inclined to write a 20 line C program to do this, maybe if you contact Corsair support they will already have one.

I know the CPUID SDK developers have identified the root cause and are working on the solution, so with a bit of luck with the next CL4 release the work around will not be needed.

Archived