Corsair Community

Corsair SPEC-ALPHA Front Panel USB 3.0 to USB 3.1

Dominator01

How do i go about replacing the front panel USB 3.0 to USB 3.1 after upgrading motherboards that no longer support USB 3.0? The female connector on my old motherboard that supports USB 3.0 had 20 pins. I sold that board already and haven't gotten the new Z270 board yet so i'm not sure if its still 20 pins or not. Anyone?

I'm looking at the Asus Prime Z270-AR. I know there is a big difference between USB 2.0 and USB 3.0/3.1 female connectors on the motherboard for the I/O Internal, but i'm trying to figure out if i need to purchase the new front panel usb 3.0 since this motherboard supports USB 3.1. You know how you hook up all the power, reset, hd light, and everything, along with the USB 3.0/2.0. Well, i'm wondering if i can still hook up the USB 3.0 front panel to the new motherboard's USB 3.1 female connector.

The motherboards USB 3.1 female connector compatible with the cases front panel ubs 3.0? I know the back panel I/O has usb 3.1 on the motherboard but does it support 3.1 for the front panel of the case and if it does did the pins on the female connector more than 20, or would it still be compatible with a usb 3.0 20 male pin front panel?

usb-3.0_fp-header.jpg.5d935743ea1476a70a25f37e7c4ce58c.jpg

What motherboard are you looking at?

Go to the product page for the motherboard and click specs, From there it will tell you what internal conenectors it has.

That's exactly what i needed to do, thanks.

1 x USB 3.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.0 port(s) (19-pin)

So the board supports my front panel usb 3.0, there is only usb 3.1 for the back panel i/o and not for the front on this board.

Archived