Corsair Community

Am i missing something or is the new CUE very difficult to use for just static colour

I reset my pc so had to re-download everything, which included CUE and so i am now on the new version and finding it annoying to set up just a basic set of lights.

Do i really need to add all of these different layers for just a simple colour layout.

Pic http://i.imgur.com/DdWmUID.png

because before it was just simply create profile and click on each key and give it a colour, can i no longer do that? do i really need to highlight a certain key (or keys if they are together) and click the colour then add new layer without clicking anything else or the colour will disappear, I still managed to get my layout down but it felt unnecessarily complicated for what i wanted, the simple click a key and assign colour was much easier and i really hope there is still a way i can do that that i am just missing.

Just had this issue where all my lights on my new Strafe (just unboxed it) Void Wireless (also just unboxed) and my Scimitar i had a few months where all the lights just turned off and could only edit them like in your picture one at a time without the fancy effects. Turns out advanced mode was the issue, just turned that off and back to working right.

Archived